Saturday 27 May 2017

HAPPY, happy birthday wishes

Masculine cards are always a challenge for me!

I was thrilled with this combination of a digital stamp (happy - link below) used repeatedly in different sizes, digital words (miscellaneous fonts), electronic die cut (birthday - link below) and "real" die cut "happy" (link below).

I hope that it will help make our nephew's birthday a little happier.


This card is an A5 top fold.
I added a panel of white textured cardstock to the A5 card base, matted the 3" wide
digital sentiment panel with black textured cardstock then adhered it in place.


The birthday is a digital cut file (link below) which I layered by adding offsets
until in had five layers for extra pop against the "happy" sentiment panel.

  
Here is an inside view of the card.
(sorry that it is only a close up of the sentiment only ... I wrote in the card before I took the pic, so you can't see that the base was matted with white, then a layer of black, then another layer of white before adhering the layered "happy birthday" die cuts in place)


I layered the happy die cut 5 times, to give it extra pop
and have the same dimension as the 5-layered "birthday".

*** INGREDIENTS ***
white textured cardstock
black textured cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Sizzix Big Shot
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive (to adhere layers)
Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive (to adhere die cut sentiments)

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):
~~~*~~~*~~~

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Challenge #180 - Anything Goes + a Sentiment
Cardz 4 Gals - Challenge #48 - Inspired By A Song
My song is probably the most sung and most recognised song all over the world ... Happy Birthday (to you).  The best thing about this song is that everyone sings it and the variety of voices make for a chorus that always makes me smile, especially when the voices mask my own not-so-dulcet tones!
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #479 - CAS
Glitter 'N' Sparkle - Challenge #204 - Colour - White + 1 Other
Hiding In My Craft Room - HIMCR #301 - Masculine
Ike's World Challenges - Challenge #89 - Anything Goes + optional twist of "Happy"
I'm hoping ALL the "happy" Happy Birthday wishes will bring a SMILE
Inkspirational Challenges - Challenge #135 - Word Prompt - urban
Quirky Crafts - May Challenge - Going For A Quirky Song
My quirky song is probably the most sung and most recognised song all over the world ... Happy Birthday (to you).  The best thing about this song is that everyone sings it and the variety of voices make for a chorus that always makes me smile, especially when the voices mask my own not-so-dulcet tones!
STAMPlorations - May CAS Card Challenge - Anything Goes + optional twist "Feminine Colors"
STAMPlorations - May Challenge - Theme and Sketch
I was inspired by the sketch

   

43 comments:

  1. Lovely bold card, perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining in at Quirky Challenges - I had thought a lot of people would choose "Happy Birthday" as their song but you are the first!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jane :)
      Although it is a CAS card, they are usually more of a challenge for me to make and with so many happy's I just couldn't resist using "Happy Birthday" as my song!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant monochrome card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nephew will love it! Love all those different fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very striking card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great simple card. I love the monochrome. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering the Quirky Crafts Challenge, definitely the most sung song in the world

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS Birthday card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthdays" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful monochrome card.
    Thanks for joining with us at The Crazy Challenge.
    Yaiza DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo!
    Good luck!

    / See too -
    http://cardsaddicted.blogspot.bg/2017/05/337.html?m=1
    black and white /

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of dies & digi birthday wishes! Great card for your nephew! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great 'Happy Birthday to you!!' card,

    Thanks for sharing with us at Quirky Crafts,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very striking card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fonts and this is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great guy card! That layering really does pop. Thanks for entering the weekly anything goes challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Hope to see you for the new challenge beginning tomorrow. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card with the handlettering, which is really 'hot' these days.Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great design. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the black and white theme along with the unique orientation. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent use of monochrome but even better is the sophisticated look this card has. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful monochromatic card! Thanks for playing along at the Stamplorations May CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cool - I love this in the black and white :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun card!! Loved the use of sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations May Sketch and Theme Challenge! :)
    Suchi - DTxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.