Monday, 29 February 2016

Christmas in February

It is great to get a start on my Christmas tags nice and early,
something very new to me, usually it's a last minute rush!


This layered tag was started with a sheet of woodgrain cardstock from the Kaisercraft Base Coat 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper pad ... it is filled with gorgeous designs, love it so much that I have several in my stash.  The tag die is the largest from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag Collection die set. 

The layered wreath is from the gorgeous Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways.  They are such fun to mix 'n match and layer together.  I used some green cardstock and some sparkling cardstock from American Crafts POW! - Cricket.
I die cut "merry" using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Merry Cutaway in scarlet cardstock and the sparkling AC POW! Cricket cardstock and layered them together, slightly offset for shadow, then added foam dots for extra pop.
I don't have any W&W Christmas sentiments, so I die cut "christmas" from the Paper Smooches Christmas Words 2 Dies set using the same Cricket cardstock.
The bow is the Fiskars All Tied Up squeeze punch.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- I created a tag

- my wreath and sentiment go over the edges of my tag

- not sure if I'm stretching things too much, but I used two W&W cutaways,
W&W In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways
W&W In A Word - Merry Cutaway
- I also used two colours, green and dark red

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Tracy, I LOVE how this tag with the weathered red paper looks just like a door with a wreath on it! So well done!! Also like how the bottom layer, the hole cover, and the bow all tie in together with a brighter red. Thanks so much for joining my Off the Edge Challenge at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and details on this Christmas tag, Tracey! The pair-up of images and paper are spot on! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.