Wednesday 1 March 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #112 - Use Ribbon

It's time for another challenge with us at the

This week we are letting our creative juices flow with
Challenge #112 - Use Ribbon

The sponsors for this challenge are:

Scrap N Dipity

Prize: 3 Digital Images

Lacy Sunshine


Prize: 3 Digital Images

AMB Illustrations


Prize: TBA

~~~*~~~*~~~
Today I have used an image from the super cute Christmas Bird Stampsdigital stamp set from AMB illustrations, one of our generous sponsors this week.


I placed the digital image on my Silhouette Cameo mat, traced it then added an offset to make a cut file that would give a border around the image.  I made a little rectangle and welded it to the offset to make a fun shaped tag.  I placed the image inside the tag and added some pretty AMB illustrations digital patterned paper, printed the sheets then cut them out for colouring.  I cut a bundle of blank tag shapes to adhere to the coloured panels, so that the bleed from the colouring was well hidden.

I adhered the back panels using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Liquid Adhesive.

I die cut the sentiments and adhered them using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.

It was fun rummaging through my ribbon stash getting different colours for each one.
Shock, horror, I even had to bring out the iron to smooth out the folds!

My tags are 6 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" tall.


   

   

 

PS - I have to confess that things did not go as smoothly as I made it sound.  I originally printed the images on X-Press It Blending card and even with trying all the tricks I have learnt, I just could not get the Cameo to recognise the registration marks.  My compromise was to print them on heavy cardstock, knowing that my Copics would not blend as well and that I needed to be extra careful to not saturate and have the colours bleed.  I was surprised and quite pleased with how well this cardstock performed but a word of warning, it is very "thirsty".

*** INGREDIENTS ***
AMB illustrations - digital stamp - Christmas Bird Stamps
AMB illustrations - digital paper - Pink Whales Digital Papers
X-Press It - A4 blending card
Quill 200gsm A4 cardstock
Copic markers - feathers - Y11 Y13 Y15
Copic markers - beak - Y15 Y17
Copic markers - legs - YR21 Y17 YR23
Copic marker - eyes - B23
Copic markers - hats / ornaments
pink - R81 R83 R85

blue - B91 B93 B95
green - YG01 YG03 YG25 YG67
orange - YR61 YR65 YR68
Sizzix Big Shot
Paper Smooches - Christmas Words Dies
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Liquid Adhesive - to adhere tag layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue - to adhere the sentiments
assorted grosgrain ribbons

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to AMB illustrations for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #112 with us at the Crafty Gals Corner.
  I do hope you get creative with your ribbons and join us.  

PS - don't forget the 30 Day Coloring Challenge is happening now too.
I have linked my tags for day one.
Want to learn more?  Read all about it HERE.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):

23 comments:

  1. Super colouring. Thank you for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very cute. Lovely spring colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun, Tracy ... and such brilliant colouring and shading! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have made these little easter tags. Had to go buy that file, they are so cute. Your colouring is wonderful and I look forward to seeing lots more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't your Easter tags clever and adorable? I love that you used the same chickie, and different background colors! So sweet! I'll be casing your idea for Christmas tags, Tracy! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are so cute and fun ! love all the colours you have used and those sweet images.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw these are so cute love that that are different colours and also how they are cut out too :)
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the baby birds! Love the different colors used! Thank you!
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anne-Marie :)
      They are such cute images to colour and create with.

      Delete
  9. Such adorable tags! Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute tags! LOVE that cute little chick:) THANKS for joining in the fun for the March challenge! Hope you join in our April SHOWERS challenge <3

    ps... sorry I'm late in leaving comments- I didn't realize I was on vacation for the first week of April! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.