Monday 25 February 2019

a wreath filled with deepest sympathy

Sadly we needed a little too many sympathy cards during 2018.
It's always harder to make them when you need them, so I plan on making some to have ready and waiting in my stash.  This is my second set of designs for 2019.

These CAS cards use a pre-coloured wreath digital stamp from the Fall Cotton Wreath Digital Stamp Set [DIGI3150J] (details and links below) by Sparkle N Sprinkle.
I opened the wreath image in Silhouette Studio, added "with our" to the sentiment banner, sized two to make 5" x 7" card panels, printed on A4 textured cardstock, heat set then manually trimmed to make image panels to add to 5" x 7" card bases.  I played around with the size and position of the wreath so that I could make several slightly different cards.



Next came something I don't do often enough.

I made the card bases with sentiments inside.

One sentiment is a simple "Thinking of you and sending our Deepest Sympathy for your loss" using the same "Deepest Sympathy" sentiment from the Fall Cotton Wreath Digital Stamp Set used on the front of the card and added the extra text (font details below).  I printed the sentiment on a sheets of A4 textured cardstock, manually trimmed down to 10" x 7", scored at 5", folded and burnished with a bone folder and I had a card bases with a sentiment inside.



The other sentiment design is a two pager.
While I still had my original simple sentiment open in Silhouette Studio, I duplicated it (saving the original copy) and added the beautiful "Those We Love" verse from the Memory In Our Hearts Digital Stamp Set to the inside left of the card.  As with the single sentiment, I printed them on sheets of A4 textured cardstock, manually trimmed down to 10" x 7", scored at 5", folded and burnished with a bone folder to make some more card bases.


I adhered the image panels to the card bases with the sentiments inside
and soon had a set of cards completed. 



Here they are, all together
... I'm not so sure that I like the offset one.


These wreaths are warm and wonderful, filled with comfort and love.
I'm so glad knowing that I have these in my stash,
hoping that I won't be needing them for a long time.

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Sparkle N Sprinkle - digital stamp - wreath with "Deepest Sympathy" sentiment banner
pre-coloured image from the Fall Cotton Wreath Digital Stamp Set [DIGI3150J]
"with our" sentiment - Eras Light ITC font
Sparkle N Sprinkle - digital verse - "Those We Love"
from the Memory In Our Hearts Digital Stamp Set DIGI917DE
American Crafts textured cardstock
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with these cards - I love how you added the sentiments in the inside too and mashed up the stamp set. Sympathy cards are so hard to make - you did a really great job. Thanks so much for joining us at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge this month!

    Hugs!
    Jess - DT Coordinator
    www.freshybjess.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out perfect!!! Thank you for participating in the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenges. DT Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW stunning sympathy cards absolutelg gorgeous wreath and love the verses inside too--I have this image to use in an upcoming DT challenge.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.