Wednesday 14 August 2019

Elegant cornflowers with the Crafty Gals Corner

It's time for another challenge with us at the

This week we are letting our creative juices flow with
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges are bi-weekly.
Each crafter may only submit 3 projects per challenge.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsors for this challenge are:

Prize ~ 1 Digital Image (non-colored)

Prize ~ 3 Digital Images


SheepSki Designs
Prize ~ 3 Digital Images

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Cornflowers - image no 187 digital stamp from SheepSki Designs, one of our generous sponsors this week, combined it with dry embossing to make a pair of birthday cards.
I remember our garden being filled with cornflowers as a child and wanted to do this beautiful image justice, so I did a little homework.  To start with, I was delighted by the card Andrea Norris (SheepSki Designs) shared to inspire us HERE.  Then I looked for more inspiration, setting up a Pinterest board HERE with "real" flowers, painted flowers and some Copic marker combinations that I thought would work.



My cards are 5" x 7" and because the image is so beautiful,
I used a CAS design with dry embossing frame each one.
As you can see, I decided on two Copic marker colour combinations.



I opened the image in Silhouette Studio, sized to fit on 5" x 7" panels, added a sentiment, printed on X-Press It blending card, heat set, trimmed to size then coloured with Copic markers.

Here is the "dark" version of my Cornflowers.



I used a pencil to mark the sections to be scored on the back of the card panel, then scored the 1 1/2", 1" and 1/2" lines to frame the image.  I adhered the image panel on to a top folding 5" x 7" card base I made from heavy white cardstock.



Here are some more pics.  If you would like to see more detail,
just click on the image and it will go to full screen.

   

~~~*~~~*~~~

Here is my other card.
The cornflowers are much lighter and I have added ornate flourishes.
You can read all about it HERE.



~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges are bi-weekly.
Each crafter may only submit 3 projects per challenge.

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
SheepSki Designs - digital stamp - Cornflowers - image no 187
Copic markers - cornflowers - light - B12-14-16-18 + B0000
Copic markers - cornflowers - dark - B21-23-26-29-79 + B0000
Copic markers - foliage - YG03-17-67
Copic markers - jar - C00-1-3 + B0000
Copic markers - bow - R81-83-85
Copic markers - shadow - W00-1-3
5" x 7" card bases
Scoreboard + bone folder
Fiskars ScrapBoss + embossing stylus
Fiskars - stencil - Oval Elegant
(this system and stencil are quite old now but can still be found HERE)
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue - to adhere the top folds
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the image panel

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to SheepSki Designs for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #198 - Emboss It at the Crafty Gals Corner.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I live the clean lines of the embossing folder and very pretty flowers. I love working with flowers. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul this fortnight. Hugs, Maggie, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your very pretty favourite flower with us at AYLI - and it's a fabulous make! Hope you will join us again soon. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the impact the embossing gives your simply beautiful cards. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cas cards, yours are beautiful, thanks for joining digichoosday challenge, greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Good luck Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenge blog.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional distress it” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.