Wednesday 2 September 2020

Sunshine and Showers . . .

It's time for a new challenge with us on the
As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsors for this challenge are:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Floral Umbrella digital stamp set from Twinkle Lane Designs,
one of our generous sponsors for this challenge.

I opened the Floral Umbrella digital stamp in Silhouette Studio
to start planning my card designs.



The first card is 7" x 5" and has a delicate lattice smothered with sparkling rhinestones.  I used the front panel of a purchased cut file (details & link below) to make the main matting layer of my card.  I created an oval to fit over the middle panel then sized the image to fit inside.  This digital stamp comes with a sentiment, so I "cut" the sentiment apart so that I could fit the phase neatly inside the oval panel.  I printed the image panel on X-Press It blending card, heat set and cut with the Cameo then coloured with Copic markers.  I made a 7" x 5" card base from textured cardstock.  I cut the lattice matting panel and an oval matting layer for the image panel with the Cameo.  I used liquid adhesive to secure all the layers in place, finishing off the card with lots and lots of sparkling clear rhinestones.



This bling was a labour of love as I have run out of single rhinestones.  I had to trim the excess adhesive from each side of the rhinestones on long strips and yes, I made a mess with little bits of adhesive and backing plastic everywhere but it was well worth the effort.




The second card is 5 1/2" wide x 3 3/4" high.
Full details can be found HERE
or by clicking on the photo below.


~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Penny's Challenge 479
on the
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Twinkle Lane Designs - digital stamp - Floral Umbrella
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - umbrella - B91-93-95-97
Copic markers - umbrella - bow - R81-83-85
Copic markers - umbrella - tip - C1-3-5
Copic markers - umbrella - handle - E35-37
Copic markers - flowers & foliage - YR04-07 + YG25-63-67 + B's & R's above
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #322860
Frame Venice Lace Oval Card by Snapdragon Snippets
clear rhinestone strips
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the delicate layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Twinkle Lane Designs for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge 479 on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my "sparkling lattice" card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite way to add ribbon (and why)
I confess, I'm a bit of a ribbon collector.  I'm not so good at using them, so in reality I'm a ribbon hoarder.  I find it a challenge to make pretty bows, so one of my favourite ways of using ribbon is to loop it and tie a knot with no wonky bow stress.  My other favourite way to add ribbons is colouring digital images of ribbons, using my Copic markers to add shading and dimension like I have in this card.  The added bonus of adding "coloured" ribbon is there is no bulk, perfect for mailing with no lumps and bumps to get caught in the sorting machines.
~~~*~~~*~~~

2020 has been filled with lots of surprising challenges and sadly I have to announce that this is my last project with the talented team on the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.  It has been a wonderful experience being part of this Design Team, I have appreciated the opportunity to create with you all and wish you all every happiness for the future.  Thank You for all the fun and creative adventures.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely Cards Tracey - thanks for sharing your creations on our FB Page :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous ...Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at TTCRD this week, Hope to see you next week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een gepriegel zeg die kleine steentjes, maar wat geeft het een leuk effect. Dank je wel voor het meedoen aan de uitdaging van de Egel. groet, Nelleke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautifully coloured image and dies.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely love, the lattic die cut and the bling centers you added is beautiful! Thank you so much for entering your card in the week #35 for the Polkadoodles Anything Goes challenge!
    Sybil B. DT https://sybilb28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your perfectly coloured ribbon on this one is very pretty and absolutely no bulk!! Thank you for joining in at AYIi. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I like the background and gems. The image and coloring is so pretty. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments (and Colour Crazy)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy your cut file is just gorgeous. The very fine lattice and all those gems. I did a card many years ago which had a lattice background and I sewed a pearl at each intersection so I know what you mean about labour of love. Your card looks so very effective though :)

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and certainly a labour of love with those gems! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 18 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.