Tuesday 28 November 2017

MERRY ornaments Christmas cards

Here's a pair of very MERRY ornaments Christmas cards.

No colouring,
OK, just a little, with a Wink Of Stella glitter brush,
no die cutting, 
... I let my Silhouette Cameo do all (most) of the work,
with me gathering my glue to assemble the pieces.


No, you're not seeing things, they are different greens.  I had several part sheets from earlier projects and thought I would use them both, then decide which green I preferred before I head off to make some more.

The only change I made to these cards (apart from enlarging) was to add a backing panel to the die cut front.  This was so I could write inside without the look of the card being spoilt by handwriting being visible between the design elements of the front.  I also added a matting layer inside, apart from looking nicer, it makes it sturdier when standing up too.


The white snowflake decorations for the ornaments looked a bit stark against the red, so I smothered them with a Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush.  It worked a treat, muting the white and adding a luscious sparkle too.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
Silhouette Cameo
textured cardstock
metallic cardstock - gold
Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive
to adhere the snowflakes and metal caps to the ornaments

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):
~~~*~~~*~~~

the Fifth Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge
O is for Ornaments
S is for Snowflakes (decorating the ornaments)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I am still thinking about the purchases, I really have so many but these turned out lovely. [this and the post below]
    [aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Annie :)
      ... they're on sale for 50% off at the moment, perfect time to buy!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderfully festive Tracy, the colours are really bright and happy! I like the addition of the wink of Stella... you can never go wrong with a little sparkle and shine.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      Yes, I love the W of S sparkle, keep forgetting to use though!

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.