Thursday 10 January 2019

Anything Goes with Team Lou at the Southern Girls

It's time for another challenge with us at the Southern Girls.

This fortnight Team Lou have created projects to inspire you for the new challenge




Our generous sponsors for this challenge are:

Neat and Tangled

The Paper Shelter

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the
Glittery And Sparkling digital stamp from The Paper Shelter
and the
Scandinavian Flowers clear stamps from Neat and Tangled
to make some fancy folds and CAS cards.

First up are my fancy folds.  I opened the pre-coloured Glittery And Sparkling digital stamp from The Paper Shelter on my Silhouette Studio design mat, along with a cut file for an easel card (links to this fancy fold are below) and sized the image to fit the front panel.  I added a digital sentiment to the back panel (font details below) and the little sentiment "easel wedge" then coloured the background of the image panel pink, along with the top panel where the sentiment "easel wedge", printed on textured cardstock then cut with my Cameo.  I cut the contrasting layers and bases, scored the folds then adhered the layers to make a pair of magical birthday cards with fabulous fancy folds.



Next comes some inky fun with the Scandinavian Flowers clear stamps from Neat and Tangled and my MISTI.  Using "Copic friendly" Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I repeat stamped one of the flourished leaf stamps, added the flowers to make a delicate floral "sun" then stamped the sentiment.  I coloured the flowers and leaves with Copic markers then adhered the image panel to a card base to make a pair of pretty CAS cards.


Don't you think the sentiment is delightful?
In case you can't read it clearly, it says
" TRUE FRIENDS ARE LIKE THE SUN.
THEY ALWAYS SHINE. "
... that's what inspired me to stamp my pair of "floral suns".


You read more about my "floral" sun cards by clicking on the images below.

   

~~~*~~~*~~~
NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for

~~~*~~~*~~~
*** INGREDIENTS ***
The Paper Shelter - digital stamp - Glittery And Sparkling
Neat and Tangled - clear stamp - Scandinavian Flowers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
X-Press It A5 Blending Card
Copic markers - pink card - flowers - R81-83-85
Copic markers - pink card - leaves - YG61-63-67
Copic markers - orange card - flowers - YR61-65-68
Copic markers - orange card - leaves - YG03-25-17
American Crafts - 12x12 textured cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - cut file - Design ID #241330
Birthday Easel Card By Jamie Cripps
(I added the sentiment panel instead of using the flip tab)
Silhouette Design Store - font - Design ID #164062
PN Hello Gorgeous Snow Font by ScrapNFonts
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to The Paper Shelter and Neat and Tangled for sponsoring our
Anything Goes with Team Lou Challenge with us at the Southern Girls.

I hope I have inspired you to get creative and look forward to seeing your work shared in the challenge gallery.  
Remember we are not just a card blog, we love to see scrapbook layouts, artjournal pages and all types of papercraft.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my PINK friend card in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. I'm back ... I forgot to tell you that I love the Scandinavian flower cards too. It's a CAS but very elegant set of cards.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Tracy, and I love the friendship sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color choices for the first card. The shape is awesome! Love the CAS design for the second.

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Celebrations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are beautiful! I really love the sentiment on your Scandinavian flower cards. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment. Really pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a lovely job with your Color Dare 324 card. I like 6” square cards yet I don’t make them that often, but I should, You chose a pretty stamp and did a great job coloring it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that floral image. Thank you for joining us at this month's Color My Heart Color Dare. <3 Miss Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on creating your wreath with that flair and adding the flowers, beautifully done and great sentiment. And don't you love that Misti...me too. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and please check out future color challenges and join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is oh so pretty! The flowers look so delicate. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Scandinavian roses are elegant and delicate. Great use of the colours. Thanks for joining us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.