Wednesday 10 April 2019

Easter is on its way . . . at the Crafty Gals Corner

It's time for another challenge with us at the

This week we are letting our creative juices flow with
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges are bi-weekly.
Each crafter may only submit 3 projects per challenge.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsors for this challenge are:

Prize ~ 3 Digital Images

Prize ~ 2 Sets

Prize ~ 3 Digital Stamps

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Bunny Poop cut file & digital stamp set from The Cutting Cafe, one of our generous sponsors this week, to make a bundle of Easter treats.  The Bunny Poop set comes with a variety of cut file designs for pillow boxes, along with a variety of sentiments and some Easter images.

First up is the pillow box with the bunny window.



These were so quick and easy to make, it actually took me longer to fill them than to make them.  I opened the cut file on my Silhouette Studio design mat, enlarged it to be 7 1/2" tall (with the end flaps open)  then cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I trimmed some acetate to cover the bunny "window" and adhered it in place, then adhered the side flap of the pillow box.  I embellished each pillow box with a die cut black bow tie (Take A Bow Cutaways by Winnie & Walter) and some sparkling bling (Bella borderlines) then filled them with a rainbow of tasty jelly beans.



Next came some more pillow boxes, both styles with the same sentiment, just with different verse sizes, so that I had room to include a sparkling bow on some for a more feminine touch.



As with the previous pillow boxes, I opened the cut file on my Silhouette Studio design mat and enlarged it to be 7 1/2" wide (with the end flaps open).  I printed them on 8 1/2" x 11" Kraft cardstock, then cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I printed lots of cute little bunnies (from the same Bunny Poop set), coloured them with Copic markers, fussy cut, then went around the edges with a black marker.  As I had printed the bunny image on the pillow box bases, it was just a matter of adhering the fussy cut bunnies on the bases, getting the whiskers aligned perfectly.  I confess that I had a little trouble opening the first pillow boxes I made, so I cut a little opening to a flap at each end with a circle punch, so that it's easy to poke your finger in and pull the pillow box open.


To add to the fun of the sentiment, I printed some jelly bean digital paper and fussy cut the black jelly beans to embellish under the "bunny poop" sentiment.  I added a metallic hemp cord bow to finish off the pillow boxes with the smaller verse.



Now I have bundles of treats filled and ready for sharing with family, friends and neighbours this Easter.
   


~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges are bi-weekly.
Each crafter may only submit 3 projects per challenge.

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***

The Cutting Cafe - cut file & digital stamp set - Bunny Poop
Copic markers - bunny fur - C00-1-3
Copic markers - bunny nose & ears - RV00-02
Recollections - smooth cardstock - 8 1/2" x 11"
(THRILLED to have local access to this cardstock, it's MUCH easier

than trimming 12x12" down to A4 size to fit in our printer!)
Fiskars - micro tip scissors - to fussy cut the bunnies & jelly bean "poop"
Silhouette Cameo - to cut the pillow boxes
Silhouette Design Store - digital paper - Design ID #225174
Halloween Jelly Bean Pattern by Sandi Idleman
(printed then fussy cut the black jelly beans to make "poop")
Sizzix Big Shot
Winnie & Walter - Take a Bow Cutaways
(bow tie for the bunny window pillow box)
acetate - to cover the bunny window in the pillow box
Bella Borderlines - sorry, this bling design is no longer available
Kaisercraft - Metallic Hemp Cord - Copper
Fiskars - 1" - circle squeeze punch
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the box, bunny and
black jelly bean "poop"

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to The Cutting Cafe for supplying the cut file / digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #189 - Easter is on its way at the Crafty Gals Corner.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my Easter "bunny poop" treat box
in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~


~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my Easter Bunny "bow tie" treat box
in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge 171 – Bunnies or Baskets
the bow tie is a die, cut using my Big Shot,
the treat box is a cut file, cut with my Silhouette Cameo

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Love the treat boxes and fabulous sentiment. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, These are just too adorable! What a great idea to use pillow boxes for Easter treats. Love the poem. lol Now, time for a DT hat - Thanks ever so much for supporting our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month and good luck in the draw!
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, i really love what you did with this file, so darn cute....love them regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely treat box. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous treat boxes, the bunny shaped window is so cute!
    Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and I love the verse on the back!

    Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy, a fun project for sharing the fun over Easter time, love the little poem on the boxes. Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for Easter treats. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! I hardly ever think to make these pillow boxes and they're so easy and effective! I like how you decorated yours.

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Bunnies or Baskets challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet little treat holders, love them!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These made me smile. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, love the jellybeans. So glad you joined us at 2CCC, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great project for Easter!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional anything but a card” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Easter treat box. Love it. Sorry I'm late commenting but I've been away in China with my choir performing. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.