Thursday 30 May 2019

Lovely lace, flowers and pearls, oh my!

It's time for another challenge with us at the Southern Girls.

This fortnight Team Lou have created projects to inspire you for the new challenge






Our generous sponsors for this challenge are


Krafters Cart


The Paper Shelter

~~~*~~~*~~~

No stamps from me today.



I have used the BIG Bold Alphabet Die Set by Altenew to make the sentiment the focus of my card.  This fabulous alphabet die set is available through the Krafters Cart, one of our generous sponsors this fortnight ... you never know, you could be the lucky challenge winner and put your prize towards getting a set for yourself.  I also used the Wink Of Stella Brush Glitter Marker and Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, which are available from the Krafters Cart ... more goodies to add to your shopping list.

My card is pretty large ... I scored a sheet of heavy white cardstock to make this A5 landscape card for my sister.  I burnished the fold (it's pretty heavy weight cardstock and it resisted) then started adding my layers.  First came the burlap ribbon followed by the lovely white organza lace, adhering them in place with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue.  I trimmed the ends off two white pearl flourishes (when I say ends, I actually mean the start) and secured them in place over the burlap/lace panel, leaving plenty of room for the sentiment.  I die cut three sets of the alphas to make my "sister" sentiment, adhering them together to give extra dimension.  I adhered the alphas in place with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue then gave them a delicate sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker.  Lucky last came the flowers.  I trimmed off the wire and adhered the paper blooms in place using liquid adhesive (Helmar 450 Quick Dry, it's like using a hot glue gun without the "HOT").  I added a touch of sparkle to the flowers with the clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker too.
I have to confess that I'm thrilled with how the burlap and lace contrast against the smooth white cardstock, pearls and sparkling alphas.




   

~~~*~~~*~~~

I'm also sharing a second card this week.
It uses lots of sparkling glitter tape and you can read all about it HERE.


~~~*~~~*~~~
NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for

~~~*~~~*~~~
*** INGREDIENTS ***
heavy smooth white cardstock - A4
scoreboard and bone folder
Altenew – Bold Alphabet Die Set
Wink Of Stella Brush Glitter Marker – Clear
burlap ribbon
Birch Organza Lace - white
Bella Bling - pearl flourishes
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - coconut
Kaisercraft - Mini Paper Blooms - coconut
Sizzix Big Shot
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the flowers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesiveto adhere the lace & burlap

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to Krafters Cart and The Paper Shelter for sponsoring our

I hope I have inspired you to get creative and look forward to seeing your work shared in the challenge gallery.  
Remember we are not just a card blog, we love to see scrapbook layouts, artjournal pages and all types of papercraft.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Challenge #228 Nature + A Sentiment
my card has lots of natural elements, from flowers and pearls to earthy burlap
Creatalicious Challenges - Challenge #163 Anything Goes
with optional no square or rectangle card

21 comments:

  1. A beautiful Sister creation and lots of nice texture as well, thanks for sharing another card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card!! I'm a BIG fan of burlap and lace, and these look wonderful together. The pearl flourishes are beautiful around the flowers. I also love the glimmer on the word SISTER. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Saphron :)
      ... I haven't used burlap and lace together before, think I could easily become addicted to this combo!

      Delete
  3. Your sister card is marvelous! Elegant with a rustic shabby chic flair! Thanks for sharing at PPCC's #432nd weekly challenge! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such and elegant Card - Thank you for sharing and joining in with us over at Creatalicious - Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, thank you for sharing with us over here at Get Creative Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
    Ine (DT) http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely creation - thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!!!! I love the lace and fantastic elements! Everything works together beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This card is just so lovely and elegant! So Beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at International Art & Soul.

    Hugs,
    Chriss - INAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love the burlap/lace and pearls. What an awesome sister to receive this card. I love it. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.
    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative With Stamps
    Catch The Bug
    Always Fun Challenges
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Creations In Pink
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Tracy. I just spotted it in a Top 3 somewhere, can't recall where, so check your list! Congrats, so deserving, it's fab! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Wendy :)
      Thank You for the heads-up too ... the Top 3 was over at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and it was lovely to have my card chosen.

      Delete
  11. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional no square or rectangle card” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.