Sunday 15 September 2019

MORE exciting news . . . ABMTTC

I have some more EXCITING news to share . . .

I have joined the Design Team on the


With that news, I'm here to share my first post as a member of the Design Team
and announce that it's time for a new challenge with us on the


As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.
Three to five random winners are drawn and
each get to choose 3 set of papers from the Paper Pick Tab

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Mix Up 2 digital paper by Lozzy at A Bit More Time To Craft to make a pair of birthday cards.  The good news is that this sheet is currently a freebie available on the Freebie TabEven better news, this digital paper comes in a set with eight, yes 8, different colours and all are perfect for cardmaking and scrapping, so if you're a lucky challenge winner, you could include this set as one of your Paper Picks.



I opened this pretty purple patterned digital paper in Silhouette Studio.  I sized the paper panel to make a 6" x 6" square card and sized another panel to 7" so that I could rotate and crop to 5" x 7" for the rectangle card.  I also used a cut file to make the Happy Birthday sentiment for the square card.  To make it a perfect colour match, I used the tool to pick the black and the lightest purple from the digital paper and used it to colour some blocks, large enough for the sentiments on both cards.  I printed the patterned panels on textured cardstock and trimmed to size.  I printed the colour blocks, used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the "Happy Birthday" sentiment and my Sizzix Big Shot to die cut the "celebrate today" sentiment.

My first card was quick, easy and is also quite pretty.



My second card was not quite as fast to make.


I adhered a sparkling rhinestone in the middle of each dot,
the popped the layered die cut sentiment in place with foam squares.
That's a LOT of sparkle.


~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Challenge 100
on the
A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
A Bit More Time To Craft - digital paper - Mix Up 2
I used sheet 2 from this digital paper collection, this set comes with eight,
yes 8, different colours and all are perfect for cardmaking and scrapping
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store – ID 54082
Happy Birthday by Patty Young Designs
Sizzix Big Shot
Kaisercraft - decorative die - Celebrate Today
clear rhinestones
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the panel to the card base
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the sentiments

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to Lozzy from A Bit More Time To Craft
for supplying the digital paper I have used today.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.