Wednesday 29 April 2020

. . . I'm collecting wrinkles

It's time for a new challenge with us on the
as always, the challenge is Anything Goes

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsors for this challenge are:

   
   Bugaboo Stamps                Di's Digi Stamps

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Gus Birthday - Collect Wrinkles digital stamp and sentiment from Bugaboo Stamps, one of our generous sponsors for this challenge, to make a fun birthday card.


My card started in Silhouette Studio.  I opened the digital image and sentiment and sized them to fit on a 6" square card based on a sketch (details and link below).  I "sliced" the sentiment in half, so that I could stagger it on the sides of the image panel.   I printed the image and sentiment panels on X-Press It blending card, heat set, coloured with Copic markers and trimmed to size.  I had some sprinkles patterned paper in mind for this card and do you think I could find it?  Next best thing was to use a digital version, so I printed a  square panel on textured cardstock and trimmed down to 5 3/4".  I cut a 6" x 12" cardstock strip, scored at 6" and created the 6" card base.  I cut two 1" strips from the same cardstock for the sentiments.  The image panel was adhered to the same cardstock then trimmed to a 1/8" mat using a Perfect Layers ruler.  I used liquid adhesive to secure all the layers on the card base.



I finished off the card by colouring some clear rhinestones with Copic markers to match the image panel, adding several layers to build up the colour, with darker shades around the edges.


Here are some more pics of my wrinkled cutie . . .
Click on the image to see the detail in full screen.


   



~~~*~~~*~~~

NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Penny's Challenge 470
on the
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Bugaboo Stamps - digital stamp - Gus Birthday - Collect Wrinkles
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - skin - E0000-000-00
Copic markers - hair - C00-0-1-3
Copic markers - singlet - E40-41 + "0"
Copic markers - shorts - YR65-68 + B00-02
Copic markers - socks - E40 + "0" + B02
Copic markers - shoes - E33-35-37
Copic markers - clock - C00-0-3-5-7
Copic markers - hat - B000-00-02 + YR61-65-68
Copic markers - balloons - B000-00-02 + YR61-65-68 + Y00-04-06
Copic markers - shadows - W00-0-1-3
Copic markers - rhinestones - B04-06 + YR65-68 + Y06-08
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #285261
Confetti Sprinkles Pattern by Kristen Magee
scoreboard and bone folder
sparkling rhinestones - clear (coloured with Copic markers)
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Bugaboo Stamps for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge 470 on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

A Gem Of A Challenge - Wk 9 – Anything Goes
AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Game #12 – Dots and/or Stripes
my patterned paper is short random stripes (sprinkles)

Alphabet Challenge Blog - B is for Boys Card
my card is for a man who is still a boy at heart
Classic Crafty Facebook Group - April 2020 FB Challenge
Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 15 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #503 – Anything Goes optional twist: Add A Sentiment
Creatalicious Challenges - Challenge 185 – Anything Goes optional Marble Background
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #184 – Anything Goes
Cute As A Button Challenge Blog - Challenge #55 – Anything Goes
optional twist: Baby Blue or Pretty Pink
Digi Choosday Craft Challenge - Week 16 – Anything Goes
Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #11 – April Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Challenge #121 – Use A Digital Stamp
Polkadoodles Craft Challenge - Wk17 – Anything Goes
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 181

Through The Craft Room Door - TTCRD Anything Goes 28th Apr


19 comments:

  1. Such a funny card for a boy (an old one!) and just the right colors and embellishments. Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, You made me smile! Thank you for sharing your festive creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! Stay Safe, Stay In and Stay Healthy!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card so glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tracy I love your Gus card. One of my favourite Bugaboo images. This is a lovely card I adore what you have done with my sketch where you've used the sentiment, great colours and embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! :-) I'm going to use that from now on, Tracy. Great fun card, my friend! Have a great day and stay healthy!
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sentiment, great card 😍 thanks for joining our challenge, greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this so much fun! And I can empathise with the sentiments. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fun card really made me smile! Love the image and the great layers and embellishments. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card Tracy. I love Bugaboo images and those elderly folk are so sweet. Thanks for joining us this month at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Jan's Digi stamps, Creative Fingers and Colour Crazy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracy! This is such a great image and I really like your layout! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge for our "B" is For Boy Challenge
    Rachelle - DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love this! It gave me a giggle - aren't we all just collecting wrinkles LOL
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
    Sharon ~ DT member for Digi Choosday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card and everything just co-ordinates so beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at SSW2
    Anne SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card. Thank you for play with us in Gem of a craft challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation! Love the layout. Thanks for entering our challenge at Make My Monday. Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super fun card, loving the dotty background. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday, we appreciate your visit. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL this card is terrific! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, MMM DT
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional marble background” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.