Wednesday 1 April 2020

Skip The Chicken Soup . . .

It's time for a new challenge with us on the

As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsor for this challenge is:


Pattie's Creations

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the Silly Chickens On Coop digital stamp from Pattie's Creations, our generous sponsor for this challenge, to make a Get Well Soon card.



I sized the image to fit on a 6" x 8" card, printed on X-Press It blending card, heat set, trimmed to size then coloured with Copic markers.  I created a fun sentiment (font details below), printed and trimmed to size.


I adhered the image and sentiment panels to cardstock and trimmed them to a 1/8" border using a Perfect Layers Ruler.  I created a top folding card base then adhered the layers in place using liquid adhesive.  I punched a bundle of flowers, adding a black pearl to each one and finishing off the card with three large black pearls to the white space.  I saturated some of the flower layers with dark red Copic markers to match the rooster feathers.


   


~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Penny's Challenge 468
on the
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Pattie's Creations - digital stamp - Silly Chickens On Coop
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #281798
Cherish Font by Nursery Art 
Copic markers - beaks, legs & claws - YR16-18 + E41
Copic markers - combs & wattles - R24-27-29
Copic markers - rooster - dark feathers - E04-07-08
Copic markers - rooster - light feathers - YR21-24-27
Copic markers - hen - E41-42-43
Copic markers - chicken coop - E50-51-53-33-35-47 + W1-3-5
weave cardstock - Snow + Mustard + Crimson
Perfect Layers Ruler
assorted punches
black pearls
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi adhesive - to adhere the flower layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Pattie's Creations for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being the sponsor for Challenge 468 on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love how you colored my image.

    Hugs
    Pattie
    Pattie's Creations Digital Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely design Tracy. Great autumn colours and I love the flower arrangement.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy- Whimsy at its best! Great layout, love the flowers, great sentiment with a punchline! Makes me hungry for chicken- store was completely out! Thank you for entering JDS Blog Challenge #10. Good luck, be safe, and stay healthy!

    Hugs,

    Jan (owner and illustrator at Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously giggled when I opened this one! So cute and will definitely make someone's day! Thank you for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp Shop as well. ~ Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! Love those cheeky looking hens and the black pearls balance the card perfectly. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card and love those chickens. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute sentiment and I'm in love with those little chickens! PRECIOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project! So cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles’ Gems Challenge good luck and hope to see you again!

    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.