Thursday 11 June 2020

Today and Always

Earlier to day I shared THIS blog post and set of cards



for the latest

challenge on the Southern Girls Challenge Blog

FULL details can be found HERE

~~~*~~~*~~~

This post is to focus on my "today and always" card.



My card uses the Eucalyptus Silhouette digital stamp
from the Eucalyptus digital stamp set by Beccy's Place,
one of our generous sponsors this fortnight.


~~~*~~~*~~~

Starting with my trusty design mat in Silhouette Studio, I opened the beautiful Eucalyptus Silhouette digital stamp from the Eucalyptus Digital Stamp Set by Beccy's Place, sized the image to fit on a 5" x 7" card front, added a digital sentiment (details below) then printed on smooth white cardstock, heat set and trimmed to size.  I used a variety of Distress Inks and blending brushes to create a vibrant sunrise
... or is it a sunset?




I heat set the inked panel and adhered it to a card 5" x 7" top folding card base.



The sentiment was created using two different fonts,
details and links are listed in the ingredients below.
... I always think of my Grandma when I use this sentiment ...
she used to add a special message like
"S.W.A.L.K." (meaning Sealed With A Loving Kiss)
or
"with love, today and always"
to cards and envelopes ... such precious memories


~~~*~~~*~~~

You can learn more about my other cards and the the latest
Anything Goes with Team Lou
challenge on the Southern Girls Challenge Blog
by clicking HERE or on the photo below



~~~*~~~*~~~
NOW it's YOUR turn!
I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for

~~~*~~~*~~~
*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Eucalyptus digital stamp set
X-Press It A4 Blending Card + Recollections cardstock
large blending brushes
Distress Inks -:
Squeezed Lemonade + Mustard Seed + Spiced Marmalade + Barn Door
heat gun
sentiment -:
"with love" - Calibri font
"today and always" - Dream Of Spring FREE font - Font Bundles
smooth white cardstock to make 5" x 7" card base
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the card front to base

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to Beccy's Place for sponsoring our
Anything Goes with Team Lou challenge with us at the Southern Girls.

I hope I have inspired you to get creative and look forward to seeing your work shared in the challenge gallery.  
Remember we are not just a card blog, we love to see scrapbook layouts, artjournal pages and all types of papercraft.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. All your sunset/sunrise cards are beautiful Tracy, you've done an awesome job with the background. The blending is so smooth and beautiful and makes a perfect contrast for the silhouette image. Love the different sentiments you added too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ink blending and love the CAS look! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...two simply gorgeous cards! Love your sunrise and sunset, your inking is stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.