Friday 21 June 2024

A Dog’s Floral Tale


My card started with an online cardmaking summit where Sarah, from Craft With Sarah, was teaching Fold Out Flower Cards.  The sample she used to teach us the technique included a dog silhouette image she sourced from Cricut Access and a variety of Fold Out Flowers cut files (Sarah generously supplied the SVGs during the class).  I don’t have a Cricut cutting machine or Cricut Access, but I had the perfect pampered pooch image to use in my stash, the Labradoodle digital stamp from the Dog Tales digital stamp set by Beccy from Beccy’s Place.  Unfortunately I can’t share a link to this cute furry set as it is now discontinued but I can share some links to others from Beccy that will tempt and inspire you to get creative.

~~~*~~~*~~~
Here are some other dog digital stamp sets that Beccy has in her store: Ruff Day digital stamp set + Holiday Hounds digital stamp set + Paw Prints digital stamp set

Of course, if you’re more of a furry feline person,
Beccy has several cat digital stamp sets in her store:

Last but not least, here is the link to the Beccy’s Place Store.  Beccy has a wonderful variety of digital stamp designs in her store, with delightful inspiration and tutorials on her Beccy's Place Blog.
~~~*~~~*~~~


Anyway, back to my “A Dog’s Floral Tale” card ...


This top folding card is 7” x 5” and features the cute Labradoodle digital stamp from the Dog Tales digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place.  When I opened the digital image in Silhouette Studio, the black and white digital stamp was surrounded with a cut line, so to make life a little easier, I filled the image with black, so that I had a solid shape to work with.  To make it even easier to follow along with the tutorial, I flipped the image, so that the Labradoodle was facing the opposite direction.  It took quite some time to combine the fold out flowers with dog to make the design for my card and I am thrilled with the new techniques I learnt along the way.  Even though they were specific for Cricut Design Space, I was able to improvise and work out how to carry out the steps in Silhouette Studio.
Once I was happy with the design, I cut the “image panel” using my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.  WOW!!!  Even without the flower petals folded out, the detail was so pretty and delicate, some outlines less than 1mm thick.

   

The next step is to fold out the flower petals, yes, sounds strange, but it makes it easier for adhering the panel in place.  I cut a Charcoal Pearl Cardstock panel to mat-back the design then carefully applied liquid adhesive to the back of the delicate cut panel then even more carefully aligned the panel in place.  The matted panel was then adhered to a 7” x 5” white panel, which was then adhered to a 300gsm 7” x 5” card base.  The cardstock layers were quite heavy and needed a sturdy card base.  Lucky last came the final fold out, carefully folding out the delicate petals so that there was plenty of dimension and the luscious metallic cardstock peeking through from behind each one.


What do you think?

I was excited to learn a new cardmaking technique
and find a new way to use my digital stamps.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Dog Tales digital set from the Beccy's Place store
- Labradoodle digital stamp
- sorry, this set is now discontinued
textured white cardstock
Silhouette Cameo - to cut the Labradoodle floral panel
Charcoal Pearl Cardstock - Sizzix Opulent Cardstock Pack
sharp craft knife + self healing cutting mat + steel ruler
- for cutting matting layers + card base
300gsm smooth cardstock - scoreboard - bone folder
- to make 7" x 5" top folding card base
Tombow Mono Multi glue - to adhere delicate Labradoodle floral panel
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive - to adhere matting layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the following challenges:
 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww... this is adorable! I love the flowers Tracy, it looks like they're raining down on the little pup. It's cool that they stand up like that, great texture!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.