Tuesday 21 April 2015

Get Well Soon

I made this card for a friend and I am hoping
the BIG & BEAUTIFUL
delivers the message loud & clear and brings
good cheer to help her along the road to recovery.
The sentiment is star of the show,
such a fabulous handwritten font and
an awesome 5 3/4" across - WOW!!!
... I don't like it when family and friends are ill but
I will enjoy using this sentiment die when they are.




The background was created using the Couture Creations "Peacock Pleasure" embossing folder in my Big Shot.  After some trial & error I found that I needed to cut the cardstock to the exact size I wanted because it was difficult to trim without it tearing.  I also had to include a sheet of vellum under the top layer to prevent the cardstock cracking too.  (Secure the vellum with a narrow strip of double-sided tape at each end, if you use Washi Tape it will emboss into your cardstock.)
The textured cardstock is Kaisercraft Peacock, American Crafts White & Powder.
I adhered my paper layers in place with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.
The sentiment is actually 4 layers (3 peacock, topped with white), each one secured in place with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive, applied with a fine tipped brush.
I lined the inside of the card with layers the same as the front and included the die cut sentiment again, this time in peacock.
Here is a close-up showing the deep & crisp embossing, the added contrast of the smooth rings on the textured cardstock and the dimension of the lovely long layered sentiment die.

* * * * *
I have entered my card in the
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/april-19-25-anything-goes-wk3-challenge.html 
http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com/

This challenge closes 11:59pm PST Saturday 25th April 2015

* * * * *
I gave the a card a little "photo shoot" with a tiny crystal vase filled with geraniums.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the texture and colors! Sure to make anyone feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Love the embossed Cardstock and the gorgeous scripty word. Thanks also for all the comments you have left on my blog lately. You leave the best comments. They always make me smile. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.