Saturday 4 June 2016

Burlap banner birthday

It is no secret that I love the Kaisercraft Basecoat patterned papers.
Luckily they seem to be keeping this as a standard design (not seasonal), so it is a pleasure to use them instead of hoarding them for "something extra special, one day".  I should confess that I do have a couple of these 6 1/2" paper pads in my stash, along with the 12"x12" collection.

I was pretty excited when the Kaisercraft Lucky Dip Collection was released, it has wonderful textures including burlap, cork and chalkboard.  Today was my first time using the Burlap Stack.  It was a little thicker than I thought and with hindsight, I probably should have cut my banner panel manually, instead of using a die, but everything seems OK.


I layered the burlap banner with layers of cardstock for extra contrast.
The "happy" is from Winnie & Walter, the "birthday" is from Sizzix,
full details linked below.
The burlap looks fabulous against the woodgrain panel and textured cardstock.


My card stands 7 1/4" tall, 5 1/4" wide
... the size of the base grew larger to fit the sentiment banner and matted layers. 
As it stands so tall and I wanted a top fold, I had to cut separate front & back panels and adhere them, after scoring the back panel 3/4" from the top.  I used Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue, a liquid glue that is super strong and used for bookbinding.



Ingredients:
Kaisercraft - Basecoat 6 1/2" paper pad
Kaisercraft - Lucky Dip Burlap A4 Pad
Kaisercraft - Tag Shapes Decorative Dies
Winnie & Walter - In A Word - Happy Cutaway
Sizzix - birthday sentiment - Regal Stand Ups Framelits by Stephanie Barnard
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
(to adhere matted layers)
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue
(to adhere the top fold)
Tombow Mono Multi Glue
(to adhere the sentiment layers)

~~~*~~~*~~~
I'm going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog
Challenge: Monochrome

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp

~~~*~~~*~~~

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love it. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765613489108/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the rustic look of your card! How clever of you to combine burlap with the wood-grained paper! It's both rustic and sophisticated and I love the way you layered the sentiments to give a shadowed appearance. The whole thing turned out beautifully and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Lovely layers and textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've paired the burlap with the rustic wood background for this lovely card!! Thanks so much for your delightful comment during the Donna Salazar Blog Hop!! Please let me know when you try out the gears. I'd love to see them!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the distressed wood background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.