Friday 3 June 2016

hello SUNSHINE

This easel card is 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
It stands 4 1/4" tall when open, has lots of layers and has lots of sparkle.


The rainbow background panel is the Paper Smooches Squared Coverlet Die.  I took the die cut sections out of each row and inked them into a rainbow using a Cleansnap Primary Pastel Chalk Inkpad.  I cut a white panel the same size as the die cut panel, adhered it in place then inlaid the rainbow pieces.  I adhered the panel onto Kaisercraft Navy cardstock and cut a 1/16" border using my Perfect Layers Ruler, then I layered the panel on white cardstock, with the same 1/16" border.  I used this ruler for all the layers.



It has been quite a while since I've made an easel card, so I will share how I made it.  I cut a panel 9" x 5 3/4", scored at 4 1/2" and 6 3/4".  The bottom of the rainbow panel gets adhered to the narrow 2 1/4" section that will become the bottom front of the card.  The 4 1/2" line becomes the top fold when the card is flat.
To make the "wedge" to hold the rainbow panel up, I added a smaller piece of white cardstock under the navy sentiment panel.  This was the perfect size to fit my sparkling "sunshine" and the added height allows the rainbow panel to sit against it quite securely, without making it too chunky to close flat.


The "hello" is from the Paper Smooches Hello Words Die Set.  I layered a white one over four navy ones for dimesion but it just didn't POP from the inlaid rainbow background, so I cut another one in white, inked it up with the same yellow ink ... it still didn't POP, so I painted it with glue and smothered it with yellow glitter, then I was very HAPPY with the sparkling yellow POP.



The "sunshine" is from a pack of AC DIY Shoebox Thickers.  A single layer of glitter was quite pale, so I painted each letter with glue and smoothered them with another coat of glitter.  The extra layer made for thick, solid coverage and it sparkles beautifully.



The clouds are Paper Smooches Cute Clouds ... yes, they really are cute.  I put the clusters at different heights by layering foam dots.  Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins (4mm & 6mm) make perfect little raindrops.  I secured them with tiny dollops of Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Ingredients:
Paper Smooches - Squared Coverlet Die
Paper Smooches - Hello Words Dies
Paper Smooches - Cute Clouds Dies
Perfect Layers Ruler - 1/16" border under each layer
Cleansnap - ColorBox Petal Point Fluid Chalk Inkpad - Primary Pastel
American Crafts - DIY Thickers - Shoebox
Glitter
Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Sequins, 4mm & 6mm
Kaisercraft weave cardstock - Navy
American Crafts textured cardstock - white 60 pack
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
(to adhere matted layers)
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue
(to adhere glitter to the sentiment & alphas)
Tombow Mono Multi Glue
(to layer & attach sentiment and secure the sequins)
Foam dots - to give the clouds some dimension

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges

~~~*~~~*~~~
Crafty Gals Corner Blog
Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Blog
Work It Wednesday May 2016
The challenge is to use sunshine in your project.
My sparkling sunshine sentiment is peeking out from my geometric "rainbow".
workitwedbanner


~~~*~~~*~~~
Paper Smooches Blog
June Challenge - LAYERS
My card has lots of layers,
layered die cuts, layered glitter and layered cardstock.

   http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com/

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge Blog
June 2016 Challenge - Anything Goes
must contain glitter or embossing powder


~~~*~~~*~~~

5 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! Love your sparkly clouds, and sentiments - it makes for a very sunshiny, bright card! Thanks for joining us at the creative challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks labor intensive but well worth the effort, so cheery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Tracy, didn't see this one on our show & tell. You been hiding this one from me??????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.