Saturday 1 December 2018

Doing more of what I love ... for Beccy's Day 30 (3)

It's that time of year again . . .
we all need to get our Christmas cards sorted and
what better way to do it than playing along with the
at

The prompt from Day 30 is to "Do what we love"

I love to make CAS (Clean And Simple) cards,
interactive cards and cards with fancy folds.

I made some more CAS cards and another with fancy folds,
now it's time for some more interactive cards.

I made my very first X-fold card the other day (HERE)


They're a fancy fold that is also interactive, as you can get the snowflake to swirl and twirl with the lightest tap or puff of air.  Today I decided that I needed some more of these pretties, along with some more sentiments.

I combined two different cut files (details linked below), one for the X-card base and matting layers, one for the layered snowflake.  I opened my Silhouette Studio mat, sized the layered snowflake to fit inside the "window", added sentiments to the banners, then used my Cameo to cut all the layers from textured cardstock.  I used liquid adhesive to secure the snowflake layers together, adding a strand of metallic twine in each one, then adhered the X panels together, placing the snowflake/twine just before the final layers were pushed together.

And here is my pretty pastel flurry of snowflakes on display.


   

   

   

Here is one that is sending Warm Winter Wishes.


~~~*~~~*~~~ ingredients ~~~*~~~*~~~

Sihouette Design Store - cut file - Design ID #169792
A2 X-card Birthday Balloon by Lori Whitlock
(I used the card base, didn't use the balloon)
Silhouette Design Store - cut file - Design ID #164485
Snowflake by Echo Park
sentiment - Merry - Leelawadee UI font
sentiment - Christmas - Invitation Script font
sentiment - warm winter - Lily Bloom Regular font
sentiment - wishes - Invitation Script font
metallic twine

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my cards in the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas Challenge Blog - December Theme: Winter or Winter Holidays

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! These are fabulous Tracy, what a beautiful rainbow of colours! I just realised that I don't have X-fold cards on my list... I'll soon be fixing that. These are just wonderful, and boy are they going to impress the recipients!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Beautiful cards and I've never done an "X" fold yet. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.