Wednesday 12 December 2018

Elegant Berry Christmas Wishes

Yes, I know that I've made a lot of Christmas cards this year but I have to confess that I might have gone a bit overboard with the size and dimension.  It means that many are too big and bulky to go through standard mail, if I posted them they would have to go as parcels, so I will be saving them for delivery in person and donation.
Now it's time for some more "standard" cards.



These CAS cards are 5" x 7" and are flat for mailing.
I used the Berry Branch digital stamp from Beccy's Place.  This image is a double bonus, as it is a freebie and it comes in both B&W and pre-coloured format.  Pre-coloured is very hand for when you're unable to colour or very time poor and I'm ticking both boxes at the moment.

I opened the image on my Silhouette Studio design mat and sized the image to fit on a 5" x 7" card.  I added a sentiment (font details below) then printed it on textured cardstock.  I trimmed the panels down to size then matted using a combination of Perfect Layers Rulers before attaching to plain card 5" x 7" card bases.

The image comes in a vertical format, so I tried one card with it laying horizontally.


   

Here is the vertical version, with the 1/8" scarlet mat

   

Which do you prefer, vertical or horizontal?



I think the 1/16" scarlet mat of these two cards looks more elegant.



   


 Here are the 1/8" and 1/16" scarlet matted cards together.
Do you think the think the wider border looks more festive?



And so ends another day.
Four more cards ready for action, now I need to check our list,
start writing, sealing envelopes and sticking on Christmas stamps.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Berry Branch
(this one is a double bonus, as the image is pre-coloured and is a freebie found HERE
font - MERRY - Hitman font
font - Christmas - Australian Script font
textured cardstock
Perfect Layers Rulers - to mat the layers
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge - Challenge #81 - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - Y and Z are for?
Y is for Your Favourite Thing & Z is for Zero embellishments
=> I have Zero embellishments on my CAS card
Beccy's Place - December Challenge - AG - option: Flowers and Plants
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge – Challenge 494 – Christmas – The Last Stretch
I'm on "the last stretch" with our Christmas cards, running out of time to get them all finished and posted
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - December Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Challenge #232 - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - CHNC 415 - Anything Christmas Goes
optional theme - Use Gems Or Pearls
Inkspirational Challenges - Challenge #175 - Anything Christmas Goes

Make My Monday – Challenge #86 – CAS Christmas
Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenges - PIP Challenge 1849 – Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Challenge #325 - Anything Goes
The 12 Months Of Christmas Link Up – Challenge #48 – Anything Christmas Goes

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful CAS cards, such rich colours and so good for mailing! Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card, simple and elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the same thing with my cards this year; went a little overboard with the embellishments! This is a lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Challenges - Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I love how you brought Beccy's December freebie to life. Your coloring of the berries makes them look delicious... even if they aren't edible. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and beautiful, I love them! Thanks for sharing them with us at CCAYR! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creations.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and all the best for 2019!

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.