Tuesday 30 July 2019

Layered cake with layered flowers

A special birthday cake.


This beautiful Cake Shape Card is a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store.

I opened the cut file in Silhouette Studio and enlarged it to be 8" high x 5 1/2" wide.  I cut the elements and spent some relaxing time rolling the flowers for dimension.  I adhered the flower layers together, finishing them off with assorted sparkling crystal rhinestones.  Instead of leaving the front panel "open", I cut two of the matting layers, adhering one to the inside front, the other to the inside of the card, ready to be filled with a special birthday message.  I added rhinestones to the front panel of the card and finished it off by adhering the flowers.


The flowers have such a pretty shape and lovely dimension.



~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***

American Crafts - 12x12 textured cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #57268
Cake Shape Card by Daniela Angelova
sparkling rhinestones
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the flowers

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Love this interpretation of our picture.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I don't know if flower rolling is relaxing, but I'll consider it in my future flower rolling. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.