Tuesday 15 October 2019

Halloween Treats with A Bit More Time To Craft

It's time for a new challenge with us on the

As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.
Three to five random winners are drawn and
each get to choose 3 set of papers from the Paper Pick Tab

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used the It's Cracked digital paper by Lozzy at A Bit More Time To Craft to make some Halloween goodies.  This digital paper set comes in eighteen, yes, 18 different colours and they're perfect for cardmaking, scrapbooking and off-the-page projects, like I have created today.  If you're a lucky challenge winner, you could include this set as one of your Paper Picks.  On a side note, there are two colours from this design available as a freebie on the Freebie Tab.



I started by opening the It's Cracked digital paper and the cut files that I needed to create the sign, coffins and bowl in Silhouette Studio.  I sized the everything so that I could fit the digital patterned paper elements on A4 sheets of cardstock and still be within the Cameo cut border.  Full details and links to the cut files are listed below.

Let's start with the sign.  I sized the "trick or treat" art panel to fit on the A4 patterned paper panel and printed it on A4 textured cardstock.  The textured cardstock works perfectly with the It's Cracked digital paper, as it looks like cracked, weathered stone in real life, perfect for Halloween.  I adhered a layer of black cardstock to the back of the sign to make it sturdier.  The sign is 8 1/8" wide and 10 3/4" tall.



I added an easel to the back of the sign.  I enlarged easel the cut file from the original size to be 7 1/2" square, giving plenty of support for the sign.  This easel mechanism folds out to make a secure stand for the sign and folds flat for easy storage too.

   

Next comes the coffin treat boxes.  These are a fun design made even better with the contrasting It's Cracked digital paper.  I kept this file in the original size because it was already quite large and three of the coffin top matting layers fitted perfectly for printing and cutting on A4 sheets of cardstock.



The coffins are 7 1/8" x 4", they come with two compartments and are quite sturdy too.


I thought these would be pretty popular with some of the Trick Or Treaters
who usually visit, so I have already made nine, with more to come.


Lucky last comes the bowl.  I kept this file in the original size because it was already quite large.  I had to print and cut two A4 sheets for the contrasting  It's Cracked digital paper matting layers.  They make the bowl look like it's carved from weathered stone, making a matching set with the sign and coffin treats.  The bowl is 7" across from flat side to flat side and 8" across from point to point.  I added a hexagon to line the inside of the bowl and cover the tabs where the sides adhered to the base.
It might only be made from cardstock but it's a very sturdy bowl.

   

I can't wait to set these up on the Halloween table to welcome all the little
(and not so little) Trick Or Treaters who come visit each year.

~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Challenge 102
on the
A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
A Bit More Time To Craft - digital paper - It's Cracked
textured cardstock - white & black
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #97069
A2 Trick Or Treat by Daniela Angelova (I enlarged to A4 size for sign)
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #76159
Easel For Back Of Card by Lori Whitlock (enlarged for A4 sign)
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #157129
2 Compartment Coffin Favor Box by Lori Whitlock
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #37448
3D Bowl by Snapdragon Snippets
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the folds

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Lozzy from A Bit More Time To Craft
for supplying the digital paper I have used today.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Wow Tracey.. love what you have made..so cool and great blog post..thank you..hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project! I love all the elements, especially the divided coffin with TWO treats inside!! :)

    Thanks for sharing your project with us at Cut it Up for our Tags, Bags, or Boxes challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is fantastic, Tracey, and your tee-tiny coffin goodie holders are wonderful! I love that you put a divider in them - so Halloweenie-ish, so SO FABULOUSLY put together! Wonderful project! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set! That cracked paper is just fabulous. I especially like those little coffin treat boxes.Thank you for joining our Halloween challenge at International Art & Soul. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.