Thursday 31 October 2019

Slugs & Snails and Waterfall Folds

Today is filled with slugs and snails,
no puppy dog tails, just lots of fancy folds.

I have been wanting to use the super fun Slugs and Snails digital stamp set by Beccy's Place for ages and after seeing the fancy folds and interactive fun of a "waterfall card", I knew the right time had come.  This fancy fold card design allowed me to use all the images and sentiments in the set at once.

I opened the waterfall card cut file in Silhouette Studio then opened all the digital images and sentiments from the Slugs and Snails digital stamp set, pasting them on the design mat with the cut file.  I enlarged the waterfall card so that it would be 5" x 6 1/2" then sized the images and sentiments to fit on the feature panels of the "waterfall" strip.  I used the pre-coloured images and was lucky to have some perfectly coordinating digital papers in my stash (details and links below), so I sized the digital papers to fit the front panel of the cards.  I printed and cut the image and patterned paper panels then cut the other panels from matching cardstock, assembling to complete two waterfall cards with different looks.  Brads were used to secure the waterfall mechanism to the front of the cards.


Let's take a closer look at the card in action ... lots of photos ahead ...

Here is the closed card with the waterfall mechanism fully closed.


There are four image / sentiment panels and as the tab is pulled, the waterfall mechanism gradually reveals the panel underneath.

   


Here is a side view to show how the waterfall mechanism works.



I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I do.

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Slugs and Snails
weave cardstock
Imagine That Digistamp - digital paper - Argyles n Plaids
Blue n Brown Argyle 1 and Blues Diamonds
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #42692
A2 Waterfall Card by Lori Whitlock - enlarged to 5” x 6 ½”
brads
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Papers and why
At the moment I am loving the world of digital papers because I can get the perfect colour match and size the design to co-ordinate perfectly with the elements of my cards.  I confess, I'm giving my printer and Silhouette Cameo a workout creating my print & cut designs, loving every minute.
Beccy's Place - October Challenge - Anything Beccy's Place Goes
optional element: brads - I have used brads to secure the waterfall mechanism
Cardz 4 Galz - Challenge #108 - Something beginning with 'S'
my cards are filled with Slugs and Snails, just what little girls (& boys) love to play with
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog - Fancy Folds Challenge
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog - October Challenge – Masculine or Halloween/Autumn
the papers and images initially look masculine with the blues & browns and of course the slugs and snails are calling out to little (& not so little) boys.  I confess to being a tomboy growing up, so I think these are fun for girls too.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous waterfall card! Love the papers and the digis are gorgeous. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your waterfall cards are fantastic Tracy!! I'm glad you found the right images to use... I know exactly what you mean about needing just the right project. Love the colour combination on your cards, blue and brown always look fabulous together and you managed to find the perfect patterned papers too. Awesome work!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waterfall cards....I think they are so cool! I really like the colors in your card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your waterfall card and the images you used are just perfect for it. So cute adn fun. Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Tracy. Great colours, and I like how you have personalised the digital components, and match the colours. Thank yo u for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and colors. I like the waterfall effect. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.