Wednesday 23 October 2019

Speeding By from Imagine That to Penny's

It's time for a new challenge with us on the
As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The sponsors for this challenge are:


~~~*~~~*~~~

I have used the Speeding By digital stamp set from Imagine That Digistamp,
one of our generous sponsors for this challenge, to make a fun birthday card.



I opened the image and sentiment in Silhouette Studio, sized them to fit on a 1/4" x 7 1/4" card.  I opened a racing flags cut file (details below) and added it to the image panel.  The image panel is 2 3/8" x 4 1/2".  I printed the image panel on X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copic markers.  I opened a fire flourish cut file (details below) and edited it to make a long layered sentiment strip (cut off the baseball and welded the flames to a long rectangle) to fit the sentiment, one of several that comes with the Speeding By digital stamp set.  The largest flame is just over 5 7/8" wide by just over 7/8" high.  I printed the sentiment panel on orange textured cardstock then cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  I cut the red and yellow flame layers to mat under the sentiment with the Silhouette Cameo too.  I matted the image panel with black cardstock, trimmed to a 1/16" border using the Perfect Layers ruler.  I cut some strips from the red, orange and yellow cardstock used for the flaming sentiment and layered them together.  When I went to assemble the elements, I decided to trim the card down, so now it is 4 1/4" x 7 1/4".  I added a panel of white textured cardstock to the trimmed card base then adhered the contrasting strips in place.  I added some 1mm thick foam squares along the top & bottom of the back of the image panel and a smear of liquid adhesive along the middle then attached it of the contrasting strips.  Lucky last came the sentiment strip.  I added a 2mm thick strip of foam tape along the lower edge of the matted sentiment strip and a thin line of liquid adhesive along the bottom edge of the image panel and adhered it in place.



I love the variety of sentiments that come with this Speeding By
digital stamp set and look forward to making some more cards soon.



~~~*~~~*~~~

This is my 3rd card for Penny's Challenge 453.  You can see my other cards, using the Snowing Cupcakes digital stamp from Imagine That DigistampHERE and HERE or by clicking on the images below.

   

~~~*~~~*~~~

NOW it's YOUR turn!

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Penny's Challenge 453
on the
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Imagine That Digistamp - digital stamp - Speeding By
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - car - B02-04-06 + Y13-15-18
Copic markers - "1" on car - YR04 + R24
Copic markers - tyres - T3-5-7-9
Copic markers - wheel rims - C1-3-5
Copic markers - seat - T3-5-7-9
Copic markers - flames - Y13 + YR04 + R24
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #16980
Fire Flourish - Baseball - by Snapdragon Snippets - NOTE: I edited this file
by adding the fire flourish to a long rectangle to make my sentiment strip.
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #14052
Racing Flags by Loni Stevens
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the flame sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Imagine That Digistamp for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge 453 on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card for a child or a motorsports lover! Brilliant bright colourscheme.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this masculine card Tracy. Its vibrant and fun. Thanks for entering our challenge at Creative Inspirations this month and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome cards. I love the colors and dies. great bright colors. thanks for sharing at Colour crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Great cards! I really like the race car!!! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Joy DT
    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card for a aboy of any age Tracy!
    Crafty Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Tracy!! Really love everything about the "Speeding By" car with the flames on sentiment piece and your white space with just a hint of color on your layers - so COOL! :) Really cute circle easels too with the snowman!! THANKS for creating with IMAGINE THAT DIGISTAMP! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.