Wednesday 15 July 2020

Sending you sunshine and ...

It's time for a new challenge with us on the

As always, the challenge is Anything Goes.
Three to five random winners are drawn and
each get to choose 3 set of papers from the Paper Pick Tab

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used papers from the Droplets and Micro Dots digital paper sets by Lozzy at A Bit More Time To Craft, to make a fun set of cheery swing cards.



I opened the Sunshine Swing Card cut file (details & link below) in Silhouette Studio, along with papers from the Droplets and Micro Dots digital paper sets (details & links below).  The cut file comes with sweet sentiments but I decided to make my own by combining different fonts (details & links below).  I sized the sentiments for the font panel cloud and the middle of the back of the sun, printed and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I sized the digital papers to 6" square then overlay the card matting panels, the sun and the smiling face, roughly "slicing" off the excess before printing and cutting with my Silhouette Cameo.  I used my Cameo to cut the card bases, burnishing the folds with a bone folder.

I used liquid adhesive to adhere the layers of one card together and, although it's pretty, I decided it needed "more".  Here is what the first "no-ink" card looked like.
I'm so glad I only adhered one to start with . . . 

 After deciding the first card didn't have enough contrast, I pulled out my distress inks and blending brushes then inked up the edges of all the layers before adhering them to complete another five cards.  Here you can see the difference that adding a little ink around the edges makes, it was definitely time well spent.
   


Here are some more photos of my set of cards.
They will be in the mail soon, cheery "paper hugs" that will hopefully bring a smile while we're in Covid-19 lockdown . . . again . . . battling the dreaded "second wave".





   

   



   

   

~~~*~~~*~~~

Did you notice the white in the middle of the sun of the ink blending photo?  When I'm printing lots of images to cut, I often leave portions that will be covered with other layers "blank", saving printer ink for another day.

~~~*~~~*~~~


NOW it's YOUR turn!
I hope that I have inspired you to get creative
and look forward to seeing your projects fill the gallery for
Challenge 120
on the
A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
A Bit More Time To Craft - digital paper - Droplets D7
this digital paper set has 10 lovely colours and it's the 13th digital paper set in the Paper Picks tab
A Bit More Time To Craft - digital paper - Micro Dots 21 & 22
this digital paper set has 55 pretty colours and it's 13th set from the bottom on the paper picks tab
My Scrap Chick - cut file - Sunshine Swing Card
this was a recent Friday Freebie for My Scrap Chick subscribers
and comes with sweet sentiments but I decided to make my own
sentiment fonts
smiles + warm - Curlz MT font - source unknown
sending you + hugs + across the miles - Alcubierre by The Hungry JPEG
Silhouette Cameo
bone folder
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass + Fossilized Amber
ink blending brushes
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the delicate pieces

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Lozzy from A Bit More Time To Craft
for supplying the digital papers I have used today.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy! I love your sunshine cards! They are so bright and happy. That's exactly what the world needs right now.

    I have been thinking about you a lot since I learned that you are in lockdown again. I wish our government was smart enough to do something again! Maybe it isn't just the government. All of the people who just refuse to wear masks...it is just crazy!. I have a niece who has the virus. She was admitted to the hospital today. She has double pneumonia and possible liver damage. She is not on a ventilator, just oxygen. Anyway, I didn't mean to go on a tangent. I hope you and Anthony will stay safe through all of this. You are both in my thoughts. Just like your card, this message comes with plenty of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.