Thursday 23 July 2020

The Final Encore from the Southern Girls

... they say that all good things must come to an end
and,
sadly,
today is . . .


with past and present members sharing a project to say Thank You and Goodbye

~~~*~~~*~~~

I have had a wonderful time being a member of Team Lou

and I will miss seeing all the projects shared by the Design Team
and all the fabulous challenge entries submitted to the linky too.

I'm putting the spotlight on Lou and Trace,
the Co-Owners of the Southern Girls Challenge Blog
 by making cards using the new-to-me "spotlight technique".

~~~*~~~*~~~

Today I have used two of the stamps from the 
from the Floral Bouquet digital stamp set by Star Jam Lines.



I opened the "Flower Bouquet 1" and "Flower Bouquet 2" digital stamps in Silhouette Studio and added a digital "Thank You" (details below).  I added a "window" to cut in the middle of the images, printed on X-Press It blending card, heat set then sent each one through my Silhouette Cameo.  The landscape card panels with the circle window over the Flower Bouquet 1 image cut perfectly.  It was a completely different story with the Flower Bouquet portrait card panels.  For some reason I could not get the page to register, I tried everything, from torches to printing again, with no luck, so I gave my trusty stainless steel ruler and craft knife a workout and manually cut the rectangle window.  I added a 1/16" offset to the windows and cut them to mat the spotlight panels.  (I coloured around the edges and the outer 1/8" of the matting panels with a Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip marker so that the black matches the black printing of the image and sentiment.)  I coloured the floral image panels with Copic markers, went around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip marker and adhered to their matting panels.  I made some card bases and adhered the card front panels in place with liquid adhesive.  Next came the challenging bit ... OK, I confess, it was a challenge for me to colour the partial images for the spotlight too ... I put liquid adhesive on the back of the matted spotlight panels and carefully aligned them with the images on the cards and the cards were done.

Here is Flower Bouquet 1

   

   

and here is Flower Bouquet 2

   

   

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Star Jam Lines - Floral Bouquet digital stamp set
I have used the Floral Bouquet 1 and Floral Bouquet 2 images
Font Bundles - Dream of Spring - font used for sentiment
this is a FREE font
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - foliage - YG61-63-67 + YG61-03-17-67
Copic markers - pink flowers - R81-83-85 + YR68
Copic markers - yellow flowers - Y11-13-15-18 + YR61-65-68
Copic markers - background - B0000-000-00
Silhouette Cameo
scoreboard and bone folder - to make the card bases
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to Lou and Trace, my time with you and the Design Team at the  has been a wonderful, creative adventure!

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a great friend and wonderful dt member. We will stay in touch so this isn't goodbye. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a great friend and wonderful dt member. We will stay in touch so this isn't goodbye. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Love the technique. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cards! So well colored and thank you for playing along at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge blog, bye Deezy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I love this style and have to give it a try. I love the colors and images. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments (and Colour Crazy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love the spotlight technique. Thanks for playing along with us and sharing your beautiful cards at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Tracy! Just love the coloring on your spotlights!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! Very beautiful and love the pops of colour. I will be trying this technique out myself now.

    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Tracy, you did a beautiful job on your spotlight cards. They look awesome! Take care, Lena xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.