Tuesday 8 August 2023

Aloe love . . .


   

My card used two digital images and a sentiment from Beccy's Place.  I opened the "Little Aloe" and "Little Pot" images and "With love" sentiment from the "A Little Something" and assembled them together to complete the design.  I printed the image panel on X-Press It Blending Card, coloured with Copic markers, trimmed to size, matted on textured cardstock, trimmed using a Perfect Layers Ruler, adhered on to a brown panel, then adhered the panel to a top folding 5" x 6" card base and no, I don't know what happened, it was meant to be a 5" x 7" card but I must have been a bit over zealous when trimming the image panel down to size.  I made the card base from 300gsm smooth cardstock, adhering two panels at the top, with the back panel scored at 1" to allow the card to open and stand.
  
... needless to day ... I love this sentiment and image combo ...




~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
"Little Aloe" and "Little Pot" images and "With love" sentiment from the "A Little Something" digital stamp set – unfortunately this beautiful set of images and sentiments is no longer available in Beccy’s Store but projects shared on the blog can be found HERE.
X-Press It Blending Card
Copic markers - pot - E11-13-15-17-18 + YG99
Copic markers - soil - E44-47-49
Copic markers - aloe plant - G40-43-46 + G29
and of course the trusty "0" colourless marker for dissolving bloopers
300gms smooth white cardstock - for card base
American Crafts - White textured cardstock
American Crafts - brown textured cardstock
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue -
liquid adhesive - to create top fold of card base
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to secure all the layers in place
Perfect Layers Ruler

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the August Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges

 

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the way the card opens Tracy, it's something a bit different. Love your clean and simple style, and your colouring is wonderful.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Beccy :)
    I confess, I have always liked top folding cards but it is really hard to source 7" or A5 bases with top folds, so now I make my own, a bit more cutting and fiddling about but it makes me happy :)

    PS - I really love the creative possibilities with this set ... you never know, fans might ask for you to bring it back to the store!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.