Tuesday 15 August 2023

MARS ATTACKS ... and it's a friendly invasion

 I love the fancy folds of Box Cards and this space ship shaped
Alien Box Card cut file from My Scrap Chick is super cute.


I opened the cut file in Silhouette Studio and set up my pages so that I could cut a full set of panels to make a single spaceship.  I used it to cut ships from multiple colours of 12" x 12" cardstock.  I replicated sets of the alien body so that I could cut them all at once from green cardstock.  I did the same for the white domes and yellow lights.  I decided to add silver metallic cardstock to the front and back of the ship legs (so that they looked metallic from all sides) and silver metallic backing for the lights.  It worked out perfectly to cut out enough for six cards from a single A4 sheet of metallic cardstock.  Assembly was quite easy, especially with the video tutorial for instructions.  The only change I made to the design was backing the legs and adding googly eyes.

The card is quite large, with the backing panel measuring 6 1/4" wide, the height including the legs and antennae is almost 5" high.  It folds flat to just under 7 1/4" wide x just under 5" high.  It has a really smooth folding action and is works well regardless of whether it's folded to the left or right.

I created an internal offset from the backing panel so that I could make some print & cut sentiment panels to go on the back of each card ... so much nicer than my handwriting!

*** INGREDIENTS ***
12" x 12" textured cardstock - American Crafts
A4 metallic silver cardstock
googly eyes
Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive
- to adhere eyes, lights and legs
Helmar Acid Free Professional glue
- to adhere the panels of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.