Wednesday 9 August 2023

Enjoy the little things

Enjoy the little things . . .


   

My 5" x 7" card uses a digital image and sentiment from Beccy's Place.
I opened the "Simple Flower Bunch" image from the Simple Sentiments digital stamp set and the "Enjoy the little things" sentiment from the Narcissus digital stamp set and overlayed them together (inspired by Beccy's card HERE) to complete the design.  I printed the image panel on X-Press It Blending Card, coloured with Copic markers, trimmed to size, matted on textured cardstock, trimmed to size using a Perfect Layers Ruler, adhered on to a 5" x 7" panel, then adhered the panel to a top folding card base.  I made the card base by cutting two 5" x 7" 300gsm smooth cardstock panels,
scoring the "top back" at 3/4" then adhering the top panels together.

... of course there's more ... I made a second card, using this same "Simple Flower Bunch" image and style combined with the "love you" sentiment from the "Simple Sentiments" digital stamp set HERE


... and an even more CAS style card using the "love you" sentiment and "Simple Flower" image for the same "Simple Flower Bunch" digital stamp set HERE



~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
"Simple Flower Bunch" image from the "Simple Sentiments" digital stamp set – unfortunately this sweet set of images and sentiments is no longer available in Beccy’s Store but projects shared on the blog can be found HERE.
"Enjoy the little things" sentiment for the "Narcissus" digital stamp set – unfortunately this sweet set of images and sentiments is no longer available in Beccy’s Store but projects shared on the blog can be found HERE.
X-Press It Blending Card
Copic markers - R12-R14-R17-YG25-YG17-YG67
and of course the trusty "0" colourless marker for dissolving bloopers
300gms smooth white cardstock - for card base
American Crafts - White textured cardstock
American Crafts - Fireberry textured cardstock
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue -
liquid adhesive - to create top fold of card base
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to secure all the layers in place
Perfect Layers Ruler

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the August Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges

2 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job creating this collection of CAS cards Tracy, they are all gorgeous! I love the nice narrow borders you've added and your colouring has been fabulous on all of them.
    Cheers,
    Beccy
    P.S. I think I might have called you Mel in my last comment... sorry about that Tracy! I came over from Mel's card to yours and proceeded to have a moment of brain fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Beccy :)
    You may have guessed that I'm a bit addicted to 1/16" borders lately, I love how easy my Perfect Layers Rulers make it to trim to size and I like the little pop of colour to accent or contrast with the image panels.
    PS - no worries about the name, it's ever-so-easy to do

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.