Monday 30 September 2024

Another Vase of Timeless Tulips


No, you're not seeing things, 
this is my second vase of timeless tulips today.
Here is the first one
you can read the full details HERE.

My 5 1/2" square card uses the delightful new September release
Timeless Florals digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store.  

I combined the Tulips pre-coloured digital stamp from the Timeless Florals digital stamp set and combined it with the Beautiful Day digital sentiment from the retired Build-A-Wreath digital stamp set.  I sized the vase of tulips fit on a 4" square panel and to make it same-but-different from my first card using this image, I mirrored the vase of tulips, so the handle was on the right.
I added the sentiment, printed the image panel on smooth white cardstock, then trimmed the image panel.  I anchored the vase of tulips to my card by adding a shadow using Warm Grey Copic Markers W0-W1-W3-W5.


Next came the matting layers.  I matted the image panel with black cardstock and trimmed to a 1/16" matting layer, with the Perfect Layers Ruler against the edge of the image panel and a sharp knife to trim.  I them matted the image panel again, this time with Jewel cardstock and trimmed to a 3/16" matting layer by putting the Perfect Layers Ruler against the edge of the image panel and a sharp knife to trim.

   

I adhered the matted image panel to a 5 1/2" square top folding
card base made from the same smooth white cardstock.  

   

Looking at the photos, I'm wondering whether my card needs embellishments.
Do you think I should add some pearls, rhinestones or sequins?

~~~*~~~*~~~

I have made two cards same-but-different using this beautiful Tulips image.
My second card uses the same image panel mirrored before adding the sentiment.
My first card is on the right.



You can read all about my first card HERE.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Timeless Florals digital set from the Beccy's Place store
Tulips pre-coloured digital stamp
Build A Wreath digital stamp set – now discontinued but you can read more about it and see creations shared using the stamps and sentiments HERE on the Beccy’s Place Blog or by clicking on “wreath” in the labels list on Beccy’s Blog.
Beautiful Day - digital sentiment
Copic Markers - Warm Grey W0-W1-W3-W5
to add a shadow to "anchor" the vase to the card
textured cardstock - American Crafts - white and black
textured cardstock - Kaisercraft - Jewel
300gsm smooth white cardstock - for card base
scoreboard & bone folder - to make card base
sharp craft knife + self healing cutting mat + steel ruler
- for cutting image panel and matting layers
Perfect Layers Rulers - for matting layers
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to adhere the layers

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the following challenges:


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous CAS style card Tracy! I love the shadow you added under the vase, it really does help to anchor it to the "ground". The warm tones work well with the pinks. Lovely.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.