Monday, 9 February 2015

Zentangle Heartstrings


My first attempt at Zentangle.

  • I created "Heartstrings" using the tutorial by Helen Williams found here: http://tanglepatterns.com/2013/02/how-to-draw-heartstrings.html
  • I used a Becky Higgins Project Life Black 05 journaling pen on white Canson cardstock to create my heartstrings, really need to try 03 or even 01 for a more delicate design.
  • After struggling with where to cut my panel, my dear husband came up with the wonderful idea to fussy cut them out - LOVE how they turned out!!!
  • The sentiment is from the Sizzix Stephanie Barnard Regal Card Stand-Ups Framelits Die Set - I layered 3 together for dimension, adhered perfectly together with Tombow Mono Multi Glue.
  • The flourish is the "Ivy Tendrils" die from Poppystamps.
  • I used an A4 sheet of black Canson cardstock scored & folded in half to make the card base, the red & white panels are Canson cardstock too.  My card is sitting on some red cardstock with some black hearts scattered beside it ... I've seen it with sequins & thought I would give it a try :)

2 comments:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.