Tuesday 1 March 2016

birthday tag


This started out as a super fast CAS tag, where I was going to stamp "birthday" and pop the die cut "happy" but my great intentions were thwarted by a piece of Washi Tape.   I had the tag taped to my craft mat so that I could use the grid lines to ensure my stamping was straight.
Unfortunately I tugged a little too hard and tore the tag.
... all I am saying is that it is marvellous what a rose leaf can hide!!!


Here is a close up so that you can see the dimension of the "double inlay" in the middle of the rose and pop & shadow of the "happy"


It seems that "oops" moments can make creating even more creative and I am so happy with my revised tag.

The tag was cut down from a Heidi Swapp watercolour tag (we are not going to talk about my watercolouring efforts today, apart from saying that the laundry sink is filled with colourful sheets waiting to dry and be rescued) using the largest tag from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag Collection die set.  I adhered a black reinforing ring, to keep with my gold & black colour combo.

I stamped the "birthday" first and had placed it quite high (intentionally, as I planned on just having a CAS design.  The stamp is from the Winnie & Walter A Tree For All Seasons stamp set, the ink Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink.

I die cut the "happy" to go with the "birthday", using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Happy Cutaway.  I layered three black and one gold happy together.

As you have already found out, I tore the tag slightly, so I tried a couple of flowers & leaves and decided that the smaller rose from the Winnie & Walter - In Bloom - Maggie's Roses Cutaways was the perfect size and the leaves just right to cover the small tear.  I die cut several of the roses and leaves using American Crafts gold glitter paper and black textured cardstock and layered them together.  The delicate outlines were adhered to the solid rose & leaves, two black pieces inlaid into the middle of the rose, then the gold die cut pieces inlaid into the leaves, outer petals of the rose and on top of the two black pieces in the middle of the rose.  The extra layer in the middle of the rose gives the flower more dimension.

After strategically adhering the rose & leaves in place, I used foam squares to adhere the "happy".  It had to be offset a little more than I orginally planned, by I think it will look pretty when attached to a gift.  I only have white foam squares, so I coloured in the sides with a black marker.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- I used sparkling gold glitter paper with a watercolour background

- I used two W&W die sets to create my tag,
W&W In Bloom - Maggie's Roses Cutaways
W&W In A Word - Happy Cutaway

- my flower is a die cut rose
W&W In Bloom - Maggie's Roses Cutaways

W&W - Over The Edge Challenge with Kelly
- my leaves and happy go over the edges of my tag

- I inlaid the leaves and rose petals, even adding a double layer to the middle petals of the rose

~~~*~~~*~~~

~~~*~~~*~~~

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I was admiring your water color skills, still you put it all together wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, Tracy! Please check my blog. You may be a winner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - this is beautiful!!! LOVE those watercolor stripes - perfect with the gold!!! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is a beauty! So happy to read your step by step!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.