Tuesday 8 March 2016

STARS, stars and more stars

EXCITING UPDATE
my card was selected to be in the Top Three at the Crafty Gals Corner
from Challenge #61 - All About The Boys
   Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~

Box cards are fun to make and a surprise for the recipient when they open the envelope.

I have "super sized" my card.
The top flaps are 3" square, the base panels are 3" wide and stand 4" tall.
NORMALLY this card would fit into an envelope with ease but I just had to offset a huge star to add some extra pop to the "18", so it ended up having to go in a larger envelope.

Apologies in advance, there are lots of photos today ... the dimension on these cards makes it a challenge to show all the elements with just one view.  I have layered and offset the stars so that it is interesting to look at from all sides.



 

Here you can see that I have adhered foam dots between some of the layers for extra dimension.  I have decorated the "bridges" too.

The card folds flat for mailing. 
Without the offset star, the card base is 6" wide x 7" tall.
   

This close up of one of the side "flaps" is to show how lovely the delicate stars look layered against the glitter cardstock.

Ingredients:
Paper Smooches - Stars Dies Set
Kaisercraft - Off The Wall paper collection
Kaisercraft - weave cardstock Navy, Blue Jeans and Licorice
American Crafts - POW! Glitter Paper
The sentiment was a set of alpha glitter stickers, I don't know the brand.

Hope you enjoyed my birthday box card.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

March  Challenge - Birthdays
My birthday card uses lots and lots of Paper Smooches stars.

      photo PSblinkie_noshadow_zps6edfb405.gif

~~~*~~~*~~~


Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~

11 comments:

  1. You have to teach me how to do this-soon! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth :)
      YOU CAN DO IT!!!
      It would be a pleasure to help you to make one, I promise it will be easier than you thought AND that you will become addicted like me!!!
      Do you have a score board? I didn't have one until recently and although you don't need one, it sure makes it a lot easier. I can put together a tutorial to make it easier for you to make one if you like ... I have watched & read bundles of tutorials and through trial (and error), think that I have it worked out to make it as fast and easy as it could possibly be.

      Delete
    2. I have the Martha Stewart big one which I love. I would certainly appreciate a tutorial. I'm seeing birthday cards for my all my FB doggie friends. I could put small pictures of them in the stars-it would be fantastic!

      Delete
    3. Oh, the photo stars sound wonderful Beth!!!
      I will put together a tutorial for you real soon, can't wait to see some of yours :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colors on this card! The papers are gorgeous and so much wonderful sparkle. Stars are one of my favorite shapes!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our All About the Boys challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rae Ann :)
      Stars are one of my {many} addictions!

      Delete
  3. Fab box card. Love the all the blues and the stars.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Hugs ~ Lena, DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank You Donna :)
      I love them too!
      I didn't realise what a challenge it could be though ... it is surprising how many different shades of black there can be. Same goes for the different tones within other colours. A challenge but a fun and rewarding challenge to face :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful card. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765612275249/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.