Saturday 12 March 2016

It's all about a girl

*** EXCITING UPDATE ***
This card was included as an
Honorable Mention on the Sparkle N  Sprinkle Creative Challenge Blog
from the March 2016 Challenge
~~~*~~~*~~~

I wish you could see this card in real life!


I love looking at it and hope the birthday girl does too!

I had already decided that I wanted to create this special card using flourish bling and flowers, the card ended up being quite large so that the flourishes could fit on it.



I confess, I tried "going-round-the-corner" with my scalloped border punch but for some reason, each time it ended up with messy corners.  How did I solve the problem?  I headed over to the Silhouette Design Store, purchased a nesting scalloped rectangles cut file, adjusted the sizes and cut lots of layers.  It was a huge learning experience and I am thrilled to be making progress in understanding the wonders of cutting with a Silhouette Cameo.  Because the electronic cutting leaves a slightly "burred" edge, I burnished all the scalloped edges with my bone folder.

The largest scalloped panel is 10 1/4" tall and 7 3/4" wide
... yes, it is a big card!

Because the card is so large, I scored the top of the back panel and adhered it to the back of the front panel to create a top folding card.
I adhered a sheet of foam between the top scalloped layer and the matted base for extra dimension.  I also added a foam circle under the scalloped "13" medallion.
The edges of the dark cardstock and glitter cardstock were inked with Kaisercraft Cherry Pigment Ink, applied with a dauber.
The edges of the pink patterned paper layers were inked with Versa Color Petal Pink Pigment Ink.  It is difficult to see in the photos but the paper has a delicate woven appearance that makes it look like it has an embossed texture.
I applied several layers of American Crafts WOW! Salmon glitter to the DIY Thickers "13", as the single layer was quite pale, almost transparent with just a tint of pink.
I added some smears of adhesive to the flower petals and added some Salmon sparkle to them too.
I used Helmars Acid Free Professional Liquid Glue to adhere the glitter.


Here's one last look

Ingredients:
American Crafts - textured cardstock
DCWV - Glitter cardstock - Holiday Glitzy Glitter Stack
Kaisercraft - Pigment Ink - Cherry 
Kaisercraft - patterned paper - Oh So Lovely Collection - Ladylike
Versa Color - Pigment Ink - Petal Pink
Kaisercraft - paper blooms - Fairy Floss
Kaisercraft - mini paper blooms - Fairy Floss
American Crafts - DIY Thickers - Cinnamon
American Crafts - WOW! glitter - Salmon
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - to adhere all the layers and flowers
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue - to adhere the glitter to "13" and flowers

~~~*~~~*~~~

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~

PaperCrafter's Corner
Magazine Mondays - Week 136
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays Week 136 Inspiration Piece (image)  
I know that I should be thinking greens and greys, maybe even cool textures, but I was inspired by the paved paths & trees ... for some reason it made me think of Dorothy on her way to the yellow brick road in the Merry Old Land of Oz ... which leads me to the swirling flourishes and sparkling flowers.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Hiding In My Craft Room
HIMCR #241 Spring Colors
... nothing says Spring more than pretty pink flowers
hidinginmycraftroom.com

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge Blog
March 2016 Challenge
I have used loose glitter to add sparkle to the "13" and flowers.


~~~*~~~*~~~

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I pinned. http://tracyscraftyadventures.blogspot.com/2016/03/its-all-about-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I want one! Oh, no, I don't! I'm too old to publish! LOL! I agree with the file cutting. It sure is versatile for getting sizes. I especially love that for words and phrases, but the edges? Not so much sometimes. I love the finished edges of some of my dies and even punches. Anyway, I love your project! Pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely screams girly! Love it! Thank you for playing along at Crafty Gals

    Corner All About Girls Challenge
    . Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! Some one is going to be so pleased to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! All that sparkle and shine - perfect for the 13 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card! The bling, the flourishes, the roses, the glittery number, ah, so sweet! I love it. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation and joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge - Chris, SNS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.