Monday, 23 May 2016

felt is FUN

I was a little bit slow to try this trend
... now I can say

FELT
is
FUN


I thought that I would combine the texture of felt with chalkboard and Christmas.

I die cut two panels of DCWV All Chalked Up cardstock using the largest Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 39 die.  I also cut Winnie &Walter "merry" and Paper Smooches "christmas" from it.  Then I took a sponge dauber and inked them as randomly as I could using Brilliance Moonlight White Ink.
I scored the "back" layer of the card 1/2" from the top and adhered it the top layer using Helmar 450 Quick Dry to make it into a fancy shaped top folding card.

Next came the FUN with FELT.  I cut two sets of poinsettia flowers and leaves using the Paper Smooches Poinsettia dies.  I adhered the flowers using Helmar 450 Quick Dry and added some orange bling to the top layer of petals (I put a tiny dollop of Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue underneath them to give them some extra "sticky" to make sure they were secure).

I adhered the poinsettia in place then positioned the sentiment to fit.



Here is a close-up to show the layers and textures of the felt poinsettia.
Pretty cool, right?


~~~*~~~*~~~ Ingredients ~~~*~~~*~~~
Die Cuts With A View - DCWV All Chalked Up cardstock stack
Spellbinders - Nestabilities Labels 39 
Winnie & Walter - In A Word: Merry Cutaway
Paper Smooches - Christmas Words 2 Dies
Tsukineko Archival Brilliance - Moonlight White Pigment Ink
Tsukineko - Sponge Daubers
Felt sheets
Paper Smooches - Poinsettia Dies
Tombow Mono Multi Glue
Martha Steward Scoreboard

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog
Simon Monday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says: Fun with Felt
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp

~~~*~~~*~~~
Crafty Gals Corner
Challenge #72 - May Flowers
Poinsettias are not really May flowers
but they're flowers and I made them in May :)
Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~

3 comments:

  1. Very festive Christmas card. The poinsettia looks amazing and gives the card a wonderful pop of colour. Love the card shape. I need to give felt a try. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    ♥ Lena, DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner May Flowers Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - that felt poinsettia is just so pretty!! Great card.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.