Tuesday 31 May 2016

string ornament rebellion

My Poppystamps String Ornament die is having an identity crisis.
Today it has turned upside down to make fun birthday balloons.

This card is 6"x6" and has lots of layers.
I love the cheery pattern of this paper from the Kaisercraft Fiesta 6.5" paper pad.
When I made the balloon panel it looked a bit stark all alone, so I started layering other colours to match the pattern of the paper.  There is a narrow 1mm border on each layer.


Here is a close up to show the dimension.  I have used two different thickenesses of foam dots, I layered one balloon with the thinnest, the next balloon with the thickest, the third balloon has them layered together, so they all sit at different heights.

What's that?
You're wondering how the "strings" can be so long?

Well I have to confess that the tallest balloon has had surgery.  I placed the orange balloon to be the highest but the string didn't reach the bottom of the panel, so I adhered it down, trimmed the end off another "string" and adhered it in line with it.  I placed the light pink balloon so that the string covered the join, so nobody will ever know ... except you and me.

My card design is based on a very old Becky Fleck CardMaps sketch from 2012.

Ingredients:
Paper Smooches - Birthday Words Dies
Kaisercraft - Fiesta paper pad
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive (to adhere matted layers)
Tombow Mono Multi Glue (to adhere sentiment & balloon strings)
Foam dots, different thicknesses (to adhere balloons)

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges
~~~*~~~*~~~
Poppystamps Challenge
0516 copy   

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp

~~~*~~~*~~~
Crafty Gals Corner
Challenge #73 - Anything Goes
Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~

8 comments:

  1. Now how clever was that? To make balloons out of the ornament die? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creative use of the Christmas ornaments and this colour palette is so happy! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey, a beautiful card, love the colours! called in to see the lucky winner from Poppystamps! Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Megan :)
      WOW - what a wonderful surprise!!!
      Thank You for visiting to let me know!!!

      Delete
  4. an adorable card, luv the color combo! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.