Sunday 1 December 2019

Doing What I Love . . .

It's that time of year again . . .
we all need to get our Christmas cards sorted and
what better way to do it than playing along with the
at

The prompt for Day 30 is Do What You Love

. . . well that's a tough one . . .

I LOVE to colour and make cards,
I also LOVE to make fancy gift card and treat holders.

Sadly, I'm struggling to colour at the moment, my fingers and markers are not playing well together, so the next best thing to do is to go with my second love (really it's my third love, as my husband will always be #1) and make some Santa treat boxes.  I confess, I had so much fun at Halloween, I made a big bundle of different treat boxes, filled them with individually wrapped chocolates, lollipops and lollies, donned my wicked witch hat and merrily gave them to little (and not-so-little) visitors until it got too dark.  We even had the pleasure of sharing our treats with the local scout troop for their Halloween party.  With that little tale in mind and given that we're now in Christmas mode, I seriously think that I should ditch the hat, put on a red dress, a frilly white apron and live in a Gingerbread House so that I can keep sharing sweet treats.

These Santa treat boxes are a new-to-me cut file, they're the first four of I don't know how many, I'll keep making them until I run out of red cardstock, the more the merrier!  I upsized the boxes, they were originally 2" square and were too small to fit tasty treats.

These cute boxes are 2 7/8"  square . . . or is that cubed?  . . . I wonder how many Freddo Frogs, Caramello Koalas and Milky Ways I can fit inside each one?


The black band weaves through the sides of the box to make the belt.


The lid fits neatly and comes off easily,
not too tight, not too loose, it's just right.


. . . just in case you were wondering, I can fit NINE Freddo Frogs,
Caramello Koalas and Milky Ways inside, three of each.

full details coming soon . . .

~~~*~~~*~~~

Silhouette Design Store - ID #52605
Christmas Clothing Santa Box by Studio Ilustrado

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 548 – Christmas Gifts
Beccy's 7th Annual Month of Holiday Cards
Day 30 is Do What You Love - I love to create and share





6 comments:

  1. Love what you have made Tracy and great post..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come live with you in your gingerbread house Tracy? I'd love to spend my days looking like Mrs Claus and handing out fun treats too! Plus I could just nibble the walls when I'm feeling hungry! Heh heh... great post Tracy.
    Your little treat boxes are adorable! I'm definitely saving this idea for next year... I think these are just wonderful and would make fabulous little treat boxes for the neighbours. So cute!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute gift boxes for the festive season, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift, lovely!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous boxes, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great treat boxes and designed perfectly for the Christmas season x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.