Wednesday 28 December 2022

Reindeer Party Box

It's my pleasure to introduce the Reindeer Party Box
a fun Christmas treat box.


I opened the cut file in Silhouette Studio and cut the pieces from textured cardstock.  I did not adjust the size of this treat box and found that it was quite large, holding plenty of tasty treats inside.

I inked the medium brown head pieces for the box with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, the dark brown antlers with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, the noses with Barn Door Distress Ink and the muzzles with Antique Linen Distress Ink topped off with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I was happy with the colour of the Antique Stain but it dried a lot paler than I expected on the coloured cardstock so I blended the edges with the Tea Dye to give more contrast and shading.  It really pays to do some test swatches when inking coloured cardstock AND to wait for them to fully dry.


I used Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive to secure the inner ears, antlers, muzzles and eyes in place.  I used a strong book binding glue (Helmar Acid Free Professional) to secure the "gusset" of the box, curving and joining it to the front, then securing the back panel in place to form the box.  I confess, I found this part a bit fiddly, perhaps the cardstock I used was a bit to heavy for making curves.
Lucky last came the noses.  I popped them in place with foam dots.


I made eight of these cuties so that there would be plenty to choose from.



I'm impressed with how many treats they hold too.
NINE individually wrapped treats fitted neatly in each one.



I've made three different Christmas treat boxes and 
ALL three treat boxes hold the same number of treats,
I could have tucked a few more inside this box but wanted everyone to get
the same number of treats regardless of the treat box style they chose.



You can read all about the Reindeer Belly Box HERE
and the Gingerbread Belly Box HERE.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Reindeer Party Box from My Scrap Chick

Silhouette Cameo
12" x 12" textured cardstock
medium brown + dark brown + beige + pink + red + black + white
Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive - to adhere antlers, muzzle, inner ears and eyes
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - to adhere 
Helmar Acid Free Professional - to glue sides of box
foam dots - to adhere nose
Distress Inks
Vintage Photo + Walnut Stain + Antique Linen + Tea Dye
+ Barn Door + Spun Sugar
ink blending brush
ink dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.