Friday 2 December 2022

Beccy's Place Day 4 - D is for . . .

 I'm playing along with the

Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "D" inspiration words and super cute digital stamp
kangaroo with die cuts card to inspire are HERE)

My "D" project is a Digital stamp with a Disco Dancing Diva,
Edna the hen.


No colouring by me today ... instead I have used a pre-coloured image by Beccy.  
My card uses the pre-coloured Edna image from the Poultry In Motion digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store and the “rockin’ those Jingle Bells” sentiment from the Sing Joy digital stamp setalso from the Beccy's Place Store... I had great plans to tie small bells to some twine but I put them in such a "safe" place in my stash that I couldn't find them, they still didn't turn up before the end of the month ... today is our very last day and I'm thrilled to have been able to get a pack of little bells just in time to cross the line before the linky closes.  I sized the image and sentiment to fit on a 4 3/4" x 5 3/4" and printed on textured cardstock.  I trimmed the panel to size then pulled out my ruler and pencil to work out the exact spot to punch out a half 1/4" circle to make a notch at each side of the card the wind the twine around.  I wound the twine around three times and secured it at the back of the panel.  I cut a length of the twine and untwisted it so that I could use the golden thread to make a loop for the bell.  I took another length of twine, poked it through the golden thread loop and under the three strands of twine, tying the bow to secure them all together.  Next came a white foam sheet, I trimmed it into two pieces to fit under the image panel, either side of the twine strands.  I used liquid adhesive to secure the foam panels in place.  After running out of pre-scored card bases, I quickly made a 5" x 7" card base using my scoreboard and bone folder then covered it with a panel of rich red cardstock.  Lucky last came joining the two together, the same liquid adhesive worked perfectly to hold the foam under the image panel to the matted card base, so that Edna the Disco Dancing Diva could rock the Jingle Bell. 
  

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Edna - pre-coloured image from the Poultry In Motion digital stamp set
“rockin’ those Jingle Bells” sentiment from the Sing Joy digital stamp set
textured cardstock
1/4" hole punch
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive
twine
foam sheet to pop the image panel
(and make space for the twine to tuck in behind it)
bell
300gsm smooth cardstock - to make card base
scoreboard and bone folder - to make card base

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Tracy, I love the combination of the image and the sentiment! What a great idea! You've taken a very non-traditional Christmas image and made it holiday-ready with the perfect choice of sentiment. I love the twine and little bell you added too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy
    P.S. Now that you've made all the cards you need for the year, those little bells will turn up! Isn't it always the way?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.