Friday 29 September 2023

Daisy Card Topper with extra POP

Earlier today I had shared a sweet daisy card
using the Daisy Elements digital set from the Beccy's Place Store. 
.... when I say "digital set", it's two little words for a "MEGA digital set"
filled with digital stamps (to colour and pre-coloured), digital sentiments,
digital papers and card toppers too!

My second card uses the same set with a different sentiment,
so that I could send some "just because" cheer
instead of the birthday wishes on the original card design,
along with some extra POP.


I designed my card in Silhouette Studio (no, I didn't use it to cut but it's a handy program to size and design cards and card elements), starting with the Daisy Card Topper 1 from the Daisy Elements digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place store.  I sized the panel to 5 1/2" square.  I duplicated the panel and roughly sliced the daisy and buttons out so that I could print them at the same time as the card front then fussy cut for added dimension later.  I duplicated another card panel and sliced the sentiment panel out, opened the "sunshine and daisies" sentiment (from the same Daisy Elements digital stamp set) and overlayed this sentiment over the original birthday one, sizing it to fit neatly on the sentiment strip and cover the one underneath.

I printed the image panel and extra elements on white textured cardstock.  I trimmed card topper panel to size and adhered to a 5 1/2" top folding square card base.  I made the card base from 300gsm smooth cardstock panel.  I trimmed the sentiment panel and adhered it in place on the card front, popping with foam squares.  I fussy cut the extra daisy and extra buttons and went around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker.  I gently curled the petals of the daisy then popped the daisy and buttons in place with foam dots for added dimension.
   
   


   

HERE is the card I shared earlier using the same set,
this card uses the original Daisy Card Topper 1 design. 


... it doesn't look so different at first glance does it?

... but check out when they're side-by-side ...
click on the images if you want to see the detail in full screen




~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
White textured cardstock - American Crafts
sharp craft knife + self healing cutting mat + steel ruler
- for cutting card panel
sharp scissors - for fussy cutting flowers
Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker
- to go around edges of fussy cut flowers
300gms smooth white cardstock - to make card base
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to secure all the layers in place
foam dots - to pop the sentiment, buttons and flower

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the September Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm amazed at the difference the extra layers make... it really does pop! I'm very impressed that you fussy cut the details Tracy, you sure have a steady hand. Thanks for sharing your technique!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.