Saturday 30 September 2023

. . . more sunshine and daisies

Earlier today I had fun making a cheery, tall, slimline card using the
Daisy Elements digital set from the Beccy's Place Store. 
.... when I say "digital set", it's two little words for a "MEGA digital set"
filled with digital stamps (to colour and pre-coloured), digital sentiments, digital papers and card toppers too, definitely worth heading over to check it out!

... well, the delightful pink shade reminded me so much of the Marguerite Daisies in my parent's garden and the image was such a pleasure to colour that I had to make another one with some green for a different contrast.


I opened the saved file from the card I made earlier (full details HERE) in Silhouette Studio.  The saved file used the Daisy Flower digital stamp and Sunshine and Daisies digital sentiment from the Daisy Elements digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place storeI printed the image panel on white textured cardstock (printer is pigment ink), coloured with alcohol (Copic) markers, trimmed to size and went to mat with green textured cardstock ... none of my greens matched the shades I coloured with, so I went over a panel of green cardstock with the darkest green Copic Marker I used to colour the stems of the daisies ... a perfect match.  I adhered the image and sentiment panels to the custom made green cardstock, trimmed to 1/16" border using a Perfect Layers Ruler, adhered to a 1/2" x 8 1/2" white cardstock panel, then adhered the panel to a slimline card base that I made from 300gsm smooth cardstock.



~~~*~~~*~~~

I mentioned earlier how wonderful the Daisy Elements digital stamp set
from the Beccy's Place Store is ... so I thought I would share some projects
I have made using other elements from the set.

   

   


~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
- Daisy Flower digital stamp
- sunshine and daisies digital sentiment
white textured cardstock - American Crafts
sharp craft knife + self healing cutting mat + steel ruler
- for cutting image panel
++ Copic Markers - pink - RV63-V05-RV66
++ Copic Markers - green - G21-G94-G99
Copic Markers - yellow - Y17-YR24-YR27
"0" Colourless Blender - for fixing when I went outside the lines
green textured cardstock - coloured with G99 Copic Marker
- to make a perfect match to the stems for matting the layers
Perfect Layers Ruler - to cut 1/16" matting layers
300gsm smooth white cardstock - to make card base
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to secure all the layers in place

~~~*~~~*~~~

++ Kit and Clowder (Alyce Keegan) is an excellent resource for colouring with markers and pencils.  The pink marker combo I used was Mulberry, a Kit and Clowder Colour Blend of the Week (they can all be found HERE).  The green marker combo I used was from Alyce's Favourite Copic Marker Colour Combos found HERE (click on Copic).

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the September Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges

1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous daisy card Tracy, well done! I love that you've coloured the green cardstock with your alcohol markers for a perfect match... I quite often do the same. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.