Wednesday 30 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 30 - Do What You Love - 4

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with elegant holly cards to inspire is HERE)

Well, it's no secret, I love making cards, so I've made some more cards.
My cards use the "Holly Branch 2" pre-coloured image from the
Holly Days digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store.
I made four cards using the Holly Brough image and two cards using the Holly Sprig from this same set earlier today, it's a delightful set with four different holly images and a cluster with bells.

My cards use the "Holly Branch 2" pre-coloured image from the
Holly Days digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store.


I opened the Holly Branch 2 image in Silhouette Studio as it is a great tool for designing cards and printing panels, it's not just for cutting.  I sized the image to fit nicely on a 5" x 7" panel and added a sentiment.  I flipped the image to make another card and added the same sentiment, so even though there are two cards using the same image, they're still one-of-a-kind.  I added a thin black line to the panel, printed then manually cut down to size before adhering the image panels to the card bases.  I used some heavy (300gsm) smooth white cardstock to the make card bases ... I've made so many cards that I ran out of my pre-scored supply, a good problem to have as it means I've been more productive than I thought I could ever be.  


   

I added a touch of golden sparkle to the accents on the leaves and berries using a
Wink Of Stella glitter brush.  It's hard to capture in a photo, hope you can see it.
You might need to click on the image to view it in full screen,
... the sparkle is definitely there.

   

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Holly Branch 2 - pre-coloured image from the Holly Days digital stamp set
textured cardstock - to print the image panel
300gsm smooth cardstock - to make card bases
stainless steel ruler and craft knife to cut cardstock to size
scoreboard and bone folder - to form the card bases
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - to adhere image panels to card bases
Wink Of Stella glitter brush

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Tracy! These CAS designs are a great way to use little images like the holly. Love them.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.