Monday 4 April 2016

GEO-Birthday Wishes

I'm always running short on birthday cards,
so it is always nice to have another added to my stash.

What was even more wonderful about this card was having my 13yo niece Grace come to visit with us for a few days and we spent precious creative time together today.  I will share her creation in a separate post so that she can enter some challenges too.


My card is 6 1/4" square.


The patterned paper panel (Kaisercraft - Lavendar Haze Collection - Lilac) was adhered to a square of black foam for dimension then adhered to the black (Kaisercraft Licorice textured cardstock) panel using Helmar 450 Quick Dry.

I stamped "birthday" from the Winnie & Walter - A Tree For All Seasons Stamp Set on a sheet of vellum with black pigment ink then heat embossed with WOW! Clear embossing powder then cut a banner that would fit both the Winnie & Walter In A Word Happy cutaway and the embossed "birthday".  Unfortunately vellum was a little too sheer to mute the busy background and it was difficult to see the sentiment clearly, so I cut another pennant out of Kaisercraft Pistachio textured cardstock.  The happy and Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins were adhered to the vellum with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive, then I applied tiny dollops of Tombow Mono Multi on the underside of the vellum under the "happy" and sequins to secure it to the Pistachio cardstock.

The sentiment banner looked too flat when I first adhered it to the card front, so I quickly pulled it away (YAY, the Helmar 450 Quick Dry was still liquid) then I cut a smaller white foam pennant to add some extra dimension.

I adhered some more PPP Sparkling Clear sequins to the patterned paper panel too.


Ingredients:
Kaisercraft 12x12 patterned paper - Lavendar Haze Collection - Lilac
Kaisercraft Textured Cardstock - Pistachio
Kaisercraft Textured Cardstock - Licorice
Fundamentals - Plain Vellum
Winnie & Walter - In A Word - HAPPY cutaway
WOW! - Clear Embossing Powder
Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Sequins - 4mm, 6mm and 8mm


I had several challenges in mind while I was creating this card and I'm going to enter it in the following challenges.

~~~*~~~*~~~
Here is the magazine cover to INSPIRE and there is an added TWIST this week, the project must include at least one stamp.
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 138 Inspiration Piece (image)
I was inspired by the colours and patterns of the background against the POP of black.
How lucky was I to have THE PERFECT PAPER in my stash?!?!?
I combined a stamp with my diecut for the sentiment.
The added bonus is that I have this movie ready and waiting to watch again :)

~~~*~~~*~~~
share the love graphic pinkfresh
lydia_DSC07429  gayatri_Home Sweet Home card  kate_IMG_6983
I was inspired by the geometric design of the fabulous facets in the background of Lydia's lovely layout from Day-3. 
I was inspired by the soft colours, stamped vellum panel and mix of die cut & stamped sentiments of Gayatri's "home sweet home" card from Day-4
I was inspired by the geometric patterns, soft colours and combination of die cut & stamped sentiment of Kate's card from Day-5

~~~*~~~*~~~
Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~
Use acetate, vellum or anything you can think of that is a little transparent or you can use your imagination and think of a different meaning.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp Blog
I have used a vellum panel for my sentiment banner
and I have used lots of sparkling CLEAR sequins too.

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~
workitwedbanner
Simon Says Stamp Blog

  
The background paper includes pretty pastels.

~~~*~~~*~~~

PS - I confess that I cut the "wishes" from the W&W "birthday wishes" stamp.  It sure made it a lot easier to stamp without masking and they fit back together perfectly for when I want to stamp them together again.

6 comments:

  1. Love that you have used different elements together it works, the geometric pattern rocks :) Thanks so much for playing along with Winnie and Walters share the love week.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful card! The patterned paper on the background is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colors and the black really makes everything pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love that background paper! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the graphic look of your card. How awesome to craft with your niece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.