Monday 4 April 2016

Guest Designer - Grace Murphy

Please welcome Grace Murphy as Guest Designer to my blog today.

Grace is a very talented 13 year old girl
and I am her very proud Aunt.

We had a great time creating together on opposite sides of the dining table.

Here is the FUN & FABULOUS shaker card Grace created.


Here is a close-up of the mix of Citrus sequins, gold & orange seed beads inside the shaker window.


INGREDIENTS:
5" x 7" card base
Brown textured cardstock - American Crafts
Kaisercraft - 6" Peachy Keen Paper Pad
Sequins - assorted citrus colours
Seed Beads - assorted gold and orange
Black foam sheet
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Grace die cut two layers of black foam, aligned the sentiment window and adhered them together using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive to create a deep well for the sequins and beads.

Grace is entering her card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~
share the love graphic pinkfresh
033116-WW-PFS-Lea-1
Lea's pretty shaker card with a touch of gold inspired Grace to make her shaker card using the W&W In A Word - Hi Cutaway with some gold seed beads blended with sequins. 

~~~*~~~*~~~
Use acetate, vellum or anything you can think of that is a little transparent or you can use your imagination and think of a different meaning.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp Blog
Acetate was used for the clear shaker window.

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

Thank You for a wonderful and creative day Grace and Thank You for sharing your card with us.

4 comments:

  1. such a fun shaker!!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy!
    How fun it this card and love the bold pattern choice! It's wonderful!
    I sure hope you see this comment because I am coming from my blog and decided to come find you to answer the question you had asked me...from the Craftin Desert Divas blog hop and I did the fairy teacher tags. You said you had just gotten your first colored pencils...so what you see does NOT have any gamsol blending. I do own odorless mineral oil (never had anything branded as gamsol) and it works fine. However, I often really like the look of pencil. It does take so much longer then other coloring because I am blending with the pencil by adding layer after layer. Going very softly at first because once you build up color and it becomes waxy on the surface, you can't really add more color or details to it.
    Please pop back to my blog or email me if you ever have any questions. I'd love to help you out!
    Thank you for your time to stop at my blog and comment! I love our warm crafty community!

    Warmly, Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Leah - Grace will be thrilled to hear that you like her card :)
      I really appreciate that you have taken the time to visit and let me know about the Prismacolor pencils too, Thank You. I confess that most of my creative learning is online and Gamsol is a product I hear mentioned a lot but I have not been able to source it here, so I'm glad that these pencils blend well without it. :)
      PS - it's always a pleasure to visit, as I love the Craftin Desert Divas community (and stamps, dies & sequins) too!!!

      Delete
  3. WTG Grace! You are so very talented-and innovative. I am awed by yur skills.

    ReplyDelete