Monday 11 April 2016

Sparkling birthday wishes

My original plan was to include a rose and some leaves on top of the vellum panel with the sentiment but when it came to adhering everything in place it looked too fussy and luckily there just wasn't enough room for them all, even though I had made the base slightly larger than normal (5 1/2" x 7 1/2") .


The golden sparkle really pops with the black inlay of the leaves.
To keep this card nice and flat for mailing, I adhered the vellum layer with tiny dots of adhesive behind the sentiments.

Here is a photo showing just the leafy panel ... it was a struggle to cover any of it.  You would NOT believe the challenge I had with the random placement of the leaves, I usually have a tight grip on my ruler!!!  It took me longer to place them than it did to die cut them all.

Ingredients:
American Crafts - Gold Glitter Paper
American Crafts - Textured Cardstock
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~
The SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog Team are celebrating their 7th birthday this week and the challenge theme is Happy Birthday.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~
Share The Love Week Featuring Felicity By Pinkfresh Studio
w&w_blogblinkie
share the love graphic pinkfresh
There are lots of fabulous projects shared each day this week and we have been challenged to create a new project inspired in some way by them.
I was inspired by:
- the leafy background & vellum layer of Shay's card from Day 1
- the leafy background of Lydia's card from Day 3... the Winnie & Walter Cover Model - The Leaf Effect Cutaway
is on my wishlist, I'm sure you can see why :)
- the vellum panel with overlaying diecut sentiment of Gayatri's card from Day 4
- the leafy background, diecut sentiment & vellum panel of Gayatri's card from Day 4

shay_IMG_3976  lydia_DSC07436  
gayatri_Home Sweet Home card  gayatri_happy_spring
~~~*~~~*~~~

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the great design and all of the sparkle it has!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the $50 voucher on SSS!! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/7th-birthday-winners-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beverly :)
      ... I confess you had me checking around my current challenge entries, I forgot that this was from back in April.

      Delete