Wednesday 17 August 2016

Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #85 - Any Holiday

*** SURPRISE ***

It's time for another challenge on the Crafty Gals Corner Blog!

No, you're not seeing things, we have TWO challenges this week.

Our second challenge starting today is ...
Challenge #85 - Any Holiday

I have used the super cute "A Special Gift - Percy and Lilly Digital Christmas Stamp" from Jiggery Makery, one of our fabulous sponsors for the challenge this week.



As soon as I saw Percy and Lilly I thought they would look perfect inside a shaker snow globe.  What do you think?



I had a decorative bling shape in my stash and the smallest rhinestones in it were just the right size to fit inside her necklace, so out came my micro-tip scissors, I trimmed the glue from the edges and they look like they were made to measure.  Sadly the glitter was very "attracted" to them but I'm going to pretend that they're diamonds surrounding huge faceted pieces of pink topaz.
I added huge dollops of Frosted Lace Stickles to the fluffy trim and pom poms on their hats to add dimension without too much sparkle.  I used my piercing tool to drag it out into the points along the edges.


I used the Snow Globe cut file by Lisa Norris from the Silhouette Design Store as a base for my card.  This file is a flat image, not a card file.  I enlarged all the elements so that the snow globe would stand 6 1/4" tall.  I added the "window" to make it into a shaker.  I cut eight red "window" layers, one blue background layer and three red background / base layers (one to "hide" the back of the blue layer, two to adhere together to make a sturdy "back" for this weighty top folding card.)  I spaced the snowy hills with several "window" layers between each one and the background for added dimension.  I scored the double thickness red "back" layer at 1" and adhered it to the back of the shaker panel, transforming it from a flat panel into a top folding card.  I used Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive to secure all the layers in place, except joining the back to the shaker, I used the super strong Helmar Acid Free Professional to secure them firmly together (this liquid glue can be used for book binding). 


NOTE: do NOT put foam dots behind images you place in a shaker!
... they provide a perfect ledge for everything to get STUCK!

~~~ INGREDIENTS ~~~
Copic markers - mouth - R01 R20
Copic marker - beak & feet - YR15
Copic markers - eyelids - C1
Copic marker - feathers - 100 (black)
Copic markers - hats - R27 R29 R46
Copic markers - scarf - YG 13 YG 23
Copic marker - fish "gift" - C5
Copic marker - ribbon - RV06
Copic marker - edge of the blue layer - R27
(so that it doesn't stand out against the red layers making the shaker)
Copic marker - background "hills" - BG10
Copic multiliner - Black 0.1 - edge of the fussy cut images
Ranger - Stickles - Frosted Lace
Silhouette Cameo
American Crafts - textured cardstock - 100 sheet value pack
American Crafts - WOW! white glitter
American Crafts - WOW! snowflakes
MISTI
"unknown" sentiment stamp - Merry Christmas
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Jiggery Makery for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #85 with the Crafty Gals Corner.
  

6 comments:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.