Wednesday 24 August 2016

... more embossing

I was super lucky and received two images for
the Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #86 - Emboss It,
so I have two cards to share this week.


I coloured her with Copic markers, fussy cut then went around the edges with a Versamark Memento Tuxedo Black dual tip marker.  This was my first time using this marker and it worked wonderfully, no bleeding and good coverage of all the white edges ... I'm asking myself why didn't I order one of these years ago?!?!?
Needless to say, I highly recommend one for every crafty stash now that I've used it.

I also recommend that Copic markers are opened well away from your work.
I am fairly new to the wonderful world of Copic colouring and some of my markers are super juicy, leaving little splatters each time the caps are removed.
Splatters on your image are a real nuisance, especially if they land after an area has been coloured.  Even the Colourless Blender has its limitations.


I dry embossed the lines in the background, trying to make her look like she has the spotlight shining on this cute little ringmaster.  Or should I say ringmistress?

I heat embossed the die cut "celebrate" sentiment.  ... it was a fiddly job, but well worth it.  I die cut the sentiment, took each letter and covered them with Versamark Ink using the brush tip of the pen, smothered them with clear embossing powder then carefully placed them in the negative piece from the original die cutting.  I placed a strip of Washi Tape along the back, so that the letters stayed securely in place for when I zapped them with the heat gun.  It was my first time trying this technique and it worked a treat, not one letter went flying.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
Silhouette Cameo
Copic markers - skin - E50 E51 E53
Copic markers - cheeks - R01 R02
Copic markers - lips - R56R85
Copic marker- eye shadow - B24
Copic markers - hair - E29 E31 E33 E35 E37
Copic marker - clothes - R17 R27 Y32 Y35 Y38
Copic markers - shoes - C7 100 black
Copic markers - shorts and trims - 100 black
Copic markers - feather - B23 B24 B26 B29
Copic markers - bows - B29 B26
Copic markers - staff - C3 C5 C7
Copic markers - gaps - Y32 and tip-to-tip touch of Y35
(between right shoulder & hair, gap under left arm)
Versamark Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker
American CraftsTextured Cardstock - 100 sheet value pack
Martha Stewart Scoreboard
Paper Smooches - Birthday Words Dies
Versamark Pen
WOW! Embossing Powder - Clear Gloss Super Fine
American Crafts - Zap! Embossing Heat Gun

~~~*~~~*~~~

Sending a big Thank You to The Paper Shelter for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #86 with the Crafty Gals Corner.

  

~~~*~~~*~~~
I'm going to enter my card in the following challenge
~~~*~~~*~~~

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says: It's Hip To Be Square
my little Ringmistress is in the spotlight of the square circus frame
 
~~~*~~~*~~~

6 comments:

  1. Tracy, she is stunning. what a lot of work but well worth it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thanks for the heat embossing tip. Definitely going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jean :)
      It really was a fun card to create and I hope our niece likes it too!
      Hope you try the heat embossing, I was really pleased with how easy it ended up being and how amazing the clear embossing powder looks on the black!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute card. LOVE the embossing. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp It's Hip to be Square Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.