Wednesday 31 August 2016

Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #87 - Anything Goes

It's time for another challenge with us on the
This week we are going freestyle with
Challenge #87 - Anything Goes

Today I have used the delightful "The Perfect Christmas Tree" digital stamp from QKR Stampede, one of our generous sponsors for the challenge this week to create my DT project.


Tree trunks and wooden planks were more of a challenge than I thought.
I practised a few times and finally decided less detail is better.
After some searching online, I also found that a
touch of W3 & W5 adds an aged effect to wood.
What do you think?


I did try this image with a touch of green on the pine broughs and
a touch of colour around the ground but it just didn't look "right"
... I might try it again with a "lighter" touch

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Copic markers - star - Y02 Y06
Copic markers - ornament - R22 R24 R27 with a touch of "0"
Copic markers - tree - E31 E34 E29
Copic markers - wooden planks - E31 E34 E35 E29 W3 W5
Grosgrain ribbon - red 1 1/2"

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to QKR Stampede for supplying the digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #87 with the Crafty Gals Corner.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

The challenge is to include a ball or a sport that uses a ball
My balls are the ornaments on my Christmas tree
... I don't know if I'm stretching my interpretation of balls too far, sure hope not
~~~*~~~*~~~

Hiding In My Craft Room
HIMCR #264 - Any Holiday
My holiday is Christmas.
~~~*~~~*~~~

  
~~~*~~~*~~~

I was inspired by the wood, earthy shades and pop of red in the image.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~

PS - my DT card started with a rectangle image panel to go over the burlap.  By happy coincidence, I saw Sketch #251 by Cindy at Freshly Made Sketches.  It was almost the same as the card I had planned. except her top layer was oval and the "belly band" was directly under the oval, so I decided to make a change from my usual geometric layers and die cut the image panel oval like her sketch found HERE.

25 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the burlap as background! Thanks for joining our QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sherri :)
      This image was calling for burlap ... the texture seemed to be the perfect embellishment for this perfect Christmas Tree!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card! Great way to use the burlap, looks great with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your coloring looks great, and, I agree, the burlap is just perfect to show off this cute little tree. Thanks for entering the QKR Stampede challenge this week. Dorothy S, DT member.

      Delete
    2. Thank You Dorothy :)
      I am really enjoying my Copic colouring adventures!

      Delete
  3. The wood is perfect-I need to search around for ideas on how to do it. Burlap is fabulous touch-you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth :)
      Burlap always adds a fun texture ... I need to use it and my trims more often!

      Delete
  4. It's always fun to see your creations! I love this little tree. The burlap goes perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cute little tree and the burlap was a perfect choice for it. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, I love the image. Thank you for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :)
      It was my first time joining the QKR Stampede challenge and I look forward to becoming a "regular"

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful mat that burlap is! It really frames the adorable tree image nicely. Thanks for inspiring me today.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas tree! So cute, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. The hessian is a great addition. I love it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge! Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So a sweet Christmas tree!! Especially love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a good job on the plank and tree. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Holiday Card!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.