Sunday 21 November 2021

Day 12 at Beccy's Place - Shaped Cards

  I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

(Beccy's post with her fabulous fussy cut
Gingerbread Man shaped card to inspire is HERE)

My shaped cards kids Christmas activity is a set of
cute gingerbread shaped colouring cards.


They look so cute standing in a tasty line.


To make these fancy shaped cards, I opened the FREE Jolly Gingerbread digital stamp from Beccy's Place in Silhouette Studio.  I enlarged the image, traced the image, cut it from the white background and added a 1/8" border.  I duplicated the larger panel and linked one copy to the Jolly Gingerbread image to make the front panel of the card.  I took the other "blank" panel, duplicated it, flipped the panel vertically, aligned it with the blank panel and welded them together to make a top folding card.  I printed the front image panels and cut them with my Cameo.  I cut the shaped card bases, scored the top fold then used a thin layer of liquid adhesive to secure the image panels on the front.
The cards are 4 1/4" wide, stand 5" tall and
they're so cute I have to share some more photos ...



This Jolly Gingerbread digital stamp sure makes for a super cute set of shaped colouring cards.  I look forward to seeing them being coloured or, if they're left for a rainy day project, seeing the photos of the completed cards and their artists.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Jolly Gingerbread
Silhouette Studio and Silhouette Cameo
smooth cardstock

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project for the kids in your neighbourhood Tracy, I'm sure they'll love colouring the cards you made for them. It's so lovely that you live in a community that has really pulled together through these strange times, it would certainly make things easier for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing the tutorial with us too!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      Yes, you would be amazed how many families started walking together and walking their dogs too, making the most out of the exercise times when we had them during lockdowns.
      These colouring cards will come in very handy, some kids will colour them out the front of our house, others I will drop off with some pencils or crayons, so that they can do them as a quiet home activity :)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.