Saturday 27 November 2021

Day 27 at Beccy's Place - X is for X-treme

  I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

Beccy's prompt for Day 27 is the letter "X"
(Beccy's post with "X" inspiration words and delightful
X-Press It blending card kangaroo card to inspire is HERE)

My "X" kids Christmas activity kit is for X-treme snowflakes.


These snowflake ornaments are X-treme because, apart from being X-tremely beautiful, they start with four craft sticks glued to make two X's and they're X-tremely fun to make.  The X's are glued together to make the snowflake base and your imagination is stretched to the X-treme with all the embellishment options at your fingertips!


I was quite conservative with my design, painting the craft sticks white, topping with white glitter paint They needed to be painted white underneath because the white glitter paint I have is almost transparent and I didn't want light brown snowflakes.

   

I punched a bundle of snowflakes from white and silver glitter cardstock, layered them together, then adhered them to the sticks.  ... I was going to add a sparkling rhinestone to the middle of each snowflake but the sparkle already made it look like we were having a disco, so I decided that maybe we could try adding some when little hands wanted to play.


Make a loop to hang the ornament and glue to the back
of what you decide is going to be the top of the snowflake.
I used a shimmering ribbon with silver edges to add
X-tra sparkle to my X-treme snowflake ornament.


Although my snowflake ornament has lots of sparkle, I'm sure there will be amazing designs created from the rainbow of sticks, paints and embellishments in imaginative little hands.  I hope to share some here soon...


*** INGREDIENTS ***
craft sticks - plain or assorted colours - four per snowflake
paint - to make your own coloured snowflake sticks
glue
assorted embellishments
rhinestones, glitter, glitter glue, sequins, pom poms, stickers, punched
shapes, beads, bells, the options are limited only by your imagination
assorted punches & papers - I used snowflake punches
twine/string/cord/ribbon - to make a hanging loop

*** REFERENCE ***
This project was inspired by the "Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornaments" post on "The Best Ideas For Kids" blog HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I think you should create a bunch of these and hang them from your ceiling Tracy, they are gorgeous! I LOVE the silver sparkle... great idea to add the white paint first, I'm not sure they would have the same impact if they were brown. I completely agree about them being X-tremely beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      I confess, I had a LOT of fun making my sample for this activity. I look forward to seeing what amazing designs the kids come up with, they combine such fascinating colours and embellishments!

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.